small spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small spots

A club where i go and have a knock on a Tuesday has two tables and they both have small spots around half the size of normal ones . They are much better than the normal ones as the balls dont roll off them .

I,ve searched the internet but cant find any nowhere , anybody know where i can get some .

Cheers

quite interesting...

They sound interesting..

The balls seem to roll about on the bigger spots..

If you find some let me know...

Ossie

Comment

Never use the spots at our club just a black pencil. Dont like those spots much.

Comment

Originally Posted by tornado taylor View Post
        Never use the spots at our club just a black pencil. Dont like those spots much.
        agreed hate spots on a snooker table, to me its akin to putting over a leaf playing golf when having to go over them sometimes...

small cross for brown blue pink black, and obvious for yellows at each end of the D

Comment

The small spots are great but as Geoff Large said he would not recommend crosses on a club table as the cloth will wear out to quick .

Comment

We have white crosses on our club tables and the fitter went over and over several times with the pencil. They are so thick that the balls will not stay on them.
            :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              The small spots are great but as Geoff Large said he would not recommend crosses on a club table as the cloth will wear out to quick .

A new bloke started looking after the tables at our club and I think he has OCD as he seems to mark the spots every other day, this is bad enough but he was using TIPEX to start which I had to scrape off with a coin.
              We complained to the management but he continued to mark the cloth.
              Now you don't have to be Einstein to work out what this has done to the table. There are about three different divots around the black spot that the ball will role in to.
              My personal view is that the cloth should be allowed to wear until the spot just start to show signs of wear a tear then the spots should be applied. I think the small spots would work a treat as they should fit nicely into the small divot if done correctly. If you find some hotpot I will be after some.
              Last edited by cazmac1; 29 March 2011, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I would like to know where tho buy some white spots (small) I like to see the spots on the table and find that white works best for this.
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Get some suitable material and cut some with a tool.
                  :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                    A club where i go and have a knock on a Tuesday has two tables and they both have small spots around half the size of normal ones . They are much better than the normal ones as the balls dont roll off them .

I,ve searched the internet but cant find any nowhere , anybody know where i can get some .

Cheers
                    You could just try using a regular hole punch to punch holes in self adhesive labels. Just keep the hole bit

Comment

Not that long ago, some huge black spots appeared on our one table at the social club - yuck.
                      Every colour rolled off them and also a noticeable increase in "kicks" occurred when playing a colour
                      I was always told that spots can/will cause these problems but also the glue is not good for the baize.
                      Needless to say these spots disappeared.
                      It turned out that the lady who comes in to clean the table asked for them from the bar manager - we have been assured that she will not be allowed to replace them, especially after the bar manager was informed how much a recloth would be
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cantpotforshĂ­te View Post
                        You could just try using a regular hole punch to punch holes in self adhesive labels. Just keep the hole bit
                        or if you dont have a hole punch buy a pack of polo's and draw circles on a sticker using the hole in the middle then cut them out with scissors

Comment

Maybe you need to ask how small they are, but here are some mucka
                          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMALL-REPLACME...item35a7ab0ad5

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Maybe you need to ask how small they are, but here are some mucka
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMALL-REPLACME...item35a7ab0ad5
                            Hi JRC750, the ebay ad says they are 35mm and they do look large in the photo, maybe get these and use the hole-punch idea mentioned earlier
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              Hi JRC750, the ebay ad says they are 35mm and they do look large in the photo, maybe get these and use the hole-punch idea mentioned earlier
                              Lol i took that as being 35mm for the length of the strip ...which could be about right

Comment

Working...
                              X