No announcement yet.

Kamui Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first heard the price I thought it was for a gloss or something.
    The pool cue market in the US is more open to new product and perhaps that is why people are willing to give it a try with the "why not" mentality.
    I am curious to see how a piece of chalk can be greatly improved to warrant charging $25 USD a piece when it is offered for free in most clubs. I suspect some people bought one just out of curiosity.
    Anyone here has one?
    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 19 April 2011, 08:17 AM.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Well some fool payed nearly £35 ($57) for a piece of chalk lol. Just hope it wasn't someone from overseas as postage was another £36 ($59)
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

I'm knocking in regular 146 breaks, do you think this would make that little bit of differnce to convert them into 147 breaks ?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
          I'm knocking in regular 146 breaks, do you think this would make that little bit of differnce to convert them into 147 breaks ?
          maybe stop potting that one pink instead lol

Comment

I'll probably buy a piece just out of pure curiosity. If it does what it says (only have to chalk every 50 shots or so) I could justify it as I find chalking breaks my rhythm quite a lot when I'm close in. Plus if you did only have to chalk that often then it would last for a very very long time, which would again almost justify the price. They also say it helps to prevent miscue's slightly more than regular chalk, which again would add to the value. All things considered really though I'm still not sure even if it does everything it says on tin it would be worth it. Hopefully it will come down in price at some point in the future, I would be willing to buy it for a fiver a piece as long as it does everything it says.

Comment

One chalk every 50 shots and yet in the video on ebay, yer man takes two shots and re-chalks twice! Something sounds fishy ...
              Is í labhairt a dteanga go heisiach an moladh is mó is feidir linn a thabhairt do namhaid

Comment

I have just seen this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kamui-Chal...item588efbd2fd no link to seller

Comment

how its available soon would like to give it a go

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
                    I have just seen this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kamui-Chal...item588efbd2fd no link to seller
                    The problem I have with this is it breaks the £18 barrier and once it hits the UK, customs will whack on a large chunk of duty and other costs. I think I will, hold out until a UK supplier starts to sell it.

Comment

well the kamui chalk 0.98 is for sale for there fb page but limit of one per person and no shipping out of the usa listed :-(

Comment

I cannot understand the whole concept behind this. Can anyone enlighten me?

They say the finer powder of the chalk can increase friction, then they also say it does not wear off the tip as fast because it is finer.

Is this kind of contradicting?

I always thought if something is finer then it has lesser friction than something coarser; and if it creates more friction it will wear off the surface faster because it is rougher on the surface?

It claims to be "not abrasive" yet it also claims to "increase friction" in the ad. Can something that is not abrasive increase friction?

What am I missing?

And what is it about the sweet spot and decreased deflection--can a piece of chalk decrease deflection? Are they claiming when I aim with side I can aim differently because of the chalk I am using?

I am totally lost.
                        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 26 July 2011, 07:54 AM.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                          I cannot understand the whole concept behind this. Can anyone enlighten me?

They say the finer powder of the chalk can increase friction, then they also say it does not wear off the tip as fast because it is finer.

Is this kind of contradicting?

I always thought if something is finer then it has lesser friction than something coarser; and if it creates more friction it will wear off the surface faster because it is rougher on the surface?

It claims to be "not abrasive" yet it also claims to "increase friction" in the ad. Can something that is not abrasive increase friction?

What am I missing?

And what is it about the sweet spot and decreased deflection--can a piece of chalk decrease deflection? Are they claiming when I aim with side I can aim differently because of the chalk I am using?

I am totally lost.
                          It is just marketing mambo jumbo. Complete nonsense. You're not missing anything.
                          This is just another gimmick for US pool players. Like those famous 'aiming systems'.
                          Perhaps some will indeed experience a placebo effect for a day or two and then claim that this chalk is better than others and that it is even cheap!

Kamui is a smart company. If the chalk were priced just above regular Master/Triangle chalks, people wouldn't discuss it so much.

Comment

I am not saying it does not work. I have never tried it but people who have seemed to think it is good. I am just saying the claim they are making sounds quite contradicting to me, unless I am missing something.

I just cannot visualize something that is not abrasive which also offers more friction.

When they start saying this chalk can give me less deflection and a bigger sweet spot and all that they have completely lost me.

I would find it much more convincing if they just say things like this chalk is finer and it will stay on your tip longer, so you will not miscue as often even if you are not chalking before every shot.

In the ad, if I am not mistaken, they are saying this chalk can actually help me to make more shot and I do not need to adjust my aim as much when applying side (low deflection)--how could a piece of chalk do that? May be I am missing something here?
                            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 26 July 2011, 07:49 PM.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                            X