Advice wanted re: new Peradon Halo cue cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice wanted re: new Peradon Halo cue cases

I'm thinking of buying a 1 pc. Peradon Halo wide(double) cue case. The pictures on various websites don't show detail too well.

Does anyone own or be familiar with a Halo series case that could advise me regarding the quality of the fit and finish and any other likes or dislikes. The shipping cost to Canada is very expensive so I don't want to make a big mistake.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Ordered one last week and told to expect it on Tuesday. Used John Parrott Sports website. I can let you know what it's like. Don't have a one piece cue to go in it yet. That will arrive later. The case looks nice and the catches look good quality. The downside for me at the moment is there's no space for chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
      Ordered one last week and told to expect it on Tuesday. Used John Parrott Sports website. I can let you know what it's like. Don't have a one piece cue to go in it yet. That will arrive later. The case looks nice and the catches look good quality. The downside for me at the moment is there's no space for chalk.
      Bigmeek,
      Thanks for your reply. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.
      Some dealers say for cues up to 58", most say up to 59.25". Also, there seems to be two interiors, the velvet one you are getting but also available are molded foam channels. What length were you told? I need 58.5" minimum.
      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

I got mine off Dave Coutts, Cant remember how much i paid as i had other stuff off him at the same time, They are superb value for the money, Mine is the 1pc double and is measure's 59.25. Mine is moulded velvet, Hope this help's Wayne.:snooker:

Comment

Wayne, I'll let you know details when the case arrived but my new cue is 58" so I hope it fits OK. There's a recent post which gives a link to web-site for "Reg Wrights cues". Reg is selling a one piece leatherette case which looks OK. Have a look at this. There's not really a great choice of budget cases for one piece cues I'm afraid.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, it's appreciated.

Comment

Wayne. Picked up the case this morning from DHL sorting office. Must have been out when they tried to deliver. I'll take it up the club today and get comments from the guys. Having just taken it out of the packing I would say it looks very nice. It feels quite lightweight. I like the combination of aluminium and leatherette and the plastic ends will provide good protection. One of the guys has a 59" cue so I'll test if that fits in. If anyone has any specific questions post them up and I'll try and provide an answer.

Comment

I,d like to know what its like with two cues muck , and is there room for chalk with two cues .

Comment

Well guys, here's my comments on the case:-
                  On the plus side. Very elegant. Nice looking. Slim and lightweight. Good carry handle that you can get a grip of. Good catches. Nice plastic end protectors which seem to be rivetted on. Got my chalk pouch in by folding it up and laying it on top of the tip end of my cue.
                  On the minus side. No chalk compartment. Catches are not lockable although I think this is a PLUS as I can't be bothered with keys. Internally it's not moulded velvet as in the JP website. Its foam and not as thick as you get with Cue Craft cases. The case might be difficult to shut if you have butts of greater than 30mm although this might not be a problem as cues eventually seem to flatten themselves into the foam.

I measured the internal and I make it just short of 59.5". One website I saw says the case will accomodate cues up to 58" but I reckon it would hold 59". (NB. If it was a 59" cue and then the tip on top it might be tight!) I tried it out with two 57.5" cues and they fitted in perfect leaving space at the end for a couple of blocks of chalk. My new cue is 58" so that will go in no problem with space for chalk. I'll probably "razor out" the last 1.5" of foam and make a tiny chalk compartment out of plastic. Just so that it's easily cleaned. The foam gets really dirty from the chalk after a while.

Not sure what to recommend really. Nice looking case but dearer than an aluminium from Cue Craft. The CC cases come with a 2" chalk compartment and the foam is a bit thicker and seems to protect the cue a bit more. The catches are lockable but a little bit suspect. Seen a couple with broken catches. I mentioned on another post that Chesworth Cues are selling Cue Craft cases where the catches have been replaced by quality "Cheney" catches. They're selling at about £100 and come with a 2 year guarantee. Worth considering.
                  Best of luck!!

Comment

Thanks for feedback muck

Comment

Bigmeek,

Thank you for the honest review. I think I'm going to go for the B & W 1 pc. double. It has space for a 58.75" cues plus a chalk compartment. I have a double and a triple B & W 3/4 cases which I like, especially since they have black foam interiors. Enjoy your Halo.

Comment

having seen bigmeeks case up the club on Thursday i have to say that myself and all the lads in the club thought it was a really good case. as he says himself the only downside being the lack of a chalk compartment in the case but its really looking for faults if you had to grumble about that. all round is a smart looking,strong, secure and surprisingly light ally case. i got myself a Stamford 1pc double leather case last year and i wish i had not bothered as its easily damaged and very heavy compared to the halo case.

Comment

I suppose you still have to lie the case flat to get your cue out like cue craft cases .

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                            Bigmeek,
                            Thank you for the honest review. I think I'm going to go for the B & W 1 pc. double. It has space for a 58.75" cues plus a chalk compartment. I have a double and a triple B & W 3/4 cases which I like, especially since they have black foam interiors. Enjoy your Halo.
                            Good choice Wayne. Very similar to the Cuecraft case but with black foam. Didn't really like the white foam in the CC case as I thought it would get a bit dirty. Black is better IMO. Have you seen any photos of the internals?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                              Good choice Wayne. Very similar to the Cuecraft case but with black foam. Didn't really like the white foam in the CC case as I thought it would get a bit dirty. Black is better IMO. Have you seen any photos of the internals?
                              Bigmeek,

Actually, I also have a 3/4 Cue Craft case which is a good case but I can't stand the white foam. I even enquired to Cue Craft to see if I could buy replacement black foam but they said no.

I haven't seen any photos of the inside of the B & W 1 pc. double but I assume it to have the black foam the same as the 3/4 cases of theirs that I have. I'll be sending my payment shortly and I'll specify the black foam and I won't want it if it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X