Etiquette Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etiquette Poster

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone knows of a poster of etiquette in playing snooker as well as with the snooker room and equipment?
    I have searched the internet and TSF and have found many individual's own listings of what they consider the important Do's and Don't's, but cannot find anything suitable.
    Cheers
    :snooker:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Well you have from the rules:

SECTION 4. THE PLAYERS

1. Conduct
    In the event of:

(a) a Player taking an abnormal amount of time over a stroke or the selection of a stroke; or
    (b) any conduct by a Player which in the opinion
    of the referee is wilfully or persistently unfair; or
    (c) any other conduct by a Player which otherwise
    amounts to ungentlemanly conduct; or
    (d) refusing to continue a frame;
    the referee shall either:
    (e) warn the Player that in the event of any such further
    conduct the frame will be awarded to his opponent; or
    (f) award the frame to his opponent; or
    (g) in the event that the conduct is sufficiently serious
    award the game to his opponent

If a referee has warned the Player under (e) above, in the event of any further conduct as referred to above, the referee must either:
    (a) award the frame to his opponent; or
    (b) in the event that the further conduct is sufficiently serious, award the game to his opponent.

If a referee has awarded a frame to a Player's opponent pursuant to the above provisions, in the event of any further conduct as referred to above by the Player concerned, the referee must award the game to the Player's opponent.
    Any decision by a referee to award a frame and/or the game to a Player's opponent shall be final and shall not be subject to any appeal.

2. Penalty
    (a) If a frame is forfeited under this Section, the offender shall:
    (i) lose the frame; and
    (ii) forfeit all points scored and the non-offender shall receive a number of points equivalent to the value of the balls remaining on the table, with each Red counting as eight points and any colour incorrectly off the table being counted as if spotted.
    (b) If a game is forfeited under this Section, the offender shall
    (i) lose the frame in progress as in (a); and
    (ii) additionally lose the required number of unplayed frames to complete the game where frames are relevant; or
    (iii) additionally lose the remaining frames, each valued at 147 points, where aggregate points apply

3. Non-striker
    The non-striker shall, when the striker is playing, avoid standing or moving in line of sight of the striker. He shall sit or stand at a reasonable distance from the table

4. Absence
    In the case of his absence from the room, the non-striker may appoint a deputy to watch his interest and claim a foul if necessary. Such appointment must be made known to the referee prior to departure.

5. Conceding
    (a) A player may only concede when he is the striker. The opponent has the right to accept or refuse the concession, which becomes null and void if the opponent chooses to play on
    (b) When aggregate scores apply and a frame is conceded, the value of any balls remaining on the table is added to the score of the other side. In such case, Reds shall count as eight points each and any colour incorrectly
    off the table shall be counted as if spotted.
    (c) If a player concedes a frame in any match when snookers are not required, the referee has the discretion to decide if such concession shall be regarded as ungentlemanly conduct or misconduct by the player concerned

Comment

Hi jrc750.
      Yep, this was the first place I went to but it does not quite hit the mark, we are after a poster more to do with things like "replace the cover after use" "turn off or silent mobiles", etc. as well as some of the player conduct (not to stand in line of shot, do not talk when player down on shot, etc., etc.).
      I may be that I will have to create one, as I cannot find anything
      Also what other word can we use? as we are not sure some of our members know what etiquette means

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        ....Also what other word can we use? as we are not sure some of our members know what etiquette means
        Ha ha ha
        Just label it "Do's & Don'ts".............& under the Do's bit just write read the Don'ts

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Ha ha ha
          Just label it "Do's & Don'ts".............& under the Do's bit just write read the Don'ts
          LOL, superb!

Comment

Working...
          X