Red Spotted Cue Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Spotted Cue Ball

I have just purchased an Aramith red spotted cue ball for practicing with and was wondering if anyone else had one and if they felt it improved their snooker? I definitely feel it helps to see the exact spin that I am putting on the cue ball whether its intentional or not!
    cheers

Yes I have used this when giving a few lessons as its Great to Show them the Different Affects of the Cueball from Checkside to Screwback etc etc.

Also very Good if a Person is Not Cueing Straight / Cross Cueing as this Shows the Affect on the Ball when they Affect Unintentional Side.

Gaz.

Comment

Would you say its any different in how it plays to a normal cue ball? I found it felt heavier when I used it but it could be down to the poor quality of the club balls I normally use so im not sure

Comment

Next time I use it I will Weigh it ok, I think it is abit Heavier than standard club Balls as I think these White Balls with Red Spots were made for Pool 9 Ball Originally.

I play with Aramith Tourny Balls so they are abit Heavier than Standard Club Balls thats why I didn't see alot of Difference in Weight and I dont Use that Practise Ball Much anyway as its the People I am Giving Lessons to Uses it....lol

Gaz.

Comment

The spotted cueball I have is exactly 141.2gm which is well within tolerance for a set of Aramith Pro Tournament balls.

The best way to use the spotted cueball (besides just showing spin to a student) is to set up a long straight stop shot. Place the object ball about 18" from a top pocket and have the student cue from the baulkline and if the cueball is spinning at all at the time it stops then there's a little unintentional side on it. Best to do the long stop shot (which is in reality a screw shot over that distance and hit exactly like a screw shot) as that will show any sidespin right away.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks Terry. The difference must just be that the club balls are lighter. I'm really enjoying playing with it though it really does help with being able to see where I am going wrong and right with my shots

Comment

Working...
            X