I took a chance and bought some of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took a chance and bought some of these

I have been trying some different tips and bought some of these from the bay (i have no connection with the seller).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

My thing is 8 ball pool and as someone new to cue sports I have been trying out some different tips to see what suits me best.

During my trials I got these off the bay. I have not tried any laminated tips before and I have a cheapie spare cue so I thought I would give them a go.

To be honest I am fairly happy with the likes of Elkmasters and Pro granite (I have just recently bought these) but wanted to see what a laminated tip was like. I felt that these were cheap enough that if i did not like them I had not spent a fortune.

I stuck one of these on to my cue today with a bit of gel super glue, a quick press down and about 10 minutes with a tip shaper and some sandpaper and I was happy.

Tried them down at a local pub this afternoon and I must say I was impressed, they seemed to suit my game.The rear of the tip has an H on it which I think means hard but to be honest they did not feel too hard, no strange clunking noise just some firm contact. I was able to add some spin and had farily good cue ball control (well to my fairly poor standards).

I usually use green triangle chalk but took some green silver cup with me, both chalks seemed to go on fine but I liked the silver cup the best.

To conclude, if you are looking to try something a bit different, it may be worth having an experement with these, they would appear on there first outing to be a decent tip for not a lot of money, imho.

Andy
    Last edited by Andy W; 23 May 2011, 07:34 PM.

They might indeed be good but the guy is trying too hard with his sales pitch eh...lol.

this snippet creased me....
    An ideal cue tip for players who want to reduce momentum of the cue ball and apply more reaction on the cue ball. It is more difficult to bring the cue ball to where the player is aiming with a standard tip, but the traveling speed of the object ball is slower.
    ...LMAO...
    Last edited by cally; 23 May 2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Just as a foot note, I am not so sure about the sellers sales pitch, seems a bit how can I say this politely, strange.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
        They might indeed be good but the guy is trying too hard with his sales pitch eh...lol.

this snippet creased me....
        Sorry that what I get for making a phone call between posts, yes the sales pitch is very different and could do with a bit of work.

one other thing I forgot does any one know the brand, its never mentioned?

Comment

Working...
        X