No announcement yet.

Phoenix Black Laminated Tips (new tips)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Black Laminated Tips (new tips)

Just noticed these whilst on the craftsman cues website. Has anyone used the phoenix black laminated tips before? They look very similar to talisman water buffalo tips. Only £4 and available in medium and hard.

Like to know how they play if anyone has used them before

Has anybody tried these tips yet??
    Bolton And District Snooker League

Comment

A birdie tells me they are made in the same factory.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick 142 View Post
        A birdie tells me they are made in the same factory.
        Don,t know about that, But I put one on my cue 2 to 3 months ago after calling in at craftsman for talisman tips and was asked to try phoenix tips, so far no issues, they are quite hard and as I understand as with all "hard" tips need a lot of chalk, has kept it's shape and no mis-cueing.
        People say I disagree a lot, but I don't think I do.

Comment

I have one (medium) on one of my spare cues and the tip plays very well. It plays very similar to a Talisman Soft where it's very responsive and is a firm hit.

I must admit though that I prefer a Mike Wooldridge pressed tips as they are more forgiving where as laminate tips (from my experience) seem too lively and it's all too easy to put too much "on it" although this is probably more to do with my lack of talent

Comment

Tested phoenix tip and gotta say these tips are pretty good, like you say they keep there shape perfectly, they also have same feel/playablity as talisman hard, value for money at £4.00 each.
            Bolton And District Snooker League

Comment

I bought a new phoenix cue recently, the cue came fitted with one of these black phoenix tips. So far i like the feel, it gives you a nice firm feel when you hit the ball, they seem to be very grippy as well.

Not sure if the one i have on is a medium or a soft, which is the most common that people buy in the phoenix laminated tips for snooker, soft or medium ? Its just i have no idea whats on mine, nice feel though.
              sigpic

Comment

Hello to everyone on the forum.
                I recently put on a Phoenix Medium and can honestly say they are quality for the money.
                Having gone through about 4-5 Talismans in soft-hard they seem to hold up better and after around 40 frames with the one i have on it still feels perfect.
                They do play a little bit harder than a hard talisman but the feel is very good.
                One thing with them i found is to give them a rough up once the chalk starts to seem as if its not quite covering well.
                I tried the Kamui in Medium and liked it a lot until a chunk came off after a deep screw shot and at nearly a tenner a pop i would have expected it to last fair bit longer.

Comment

Stay clear of the Phoenix SOFT laminated tips, apparently their is a known problem with them.

Ive had 2 delaminate on me after less than 10hrs use, others have posted on here that they have experienced the same problems.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
                    Stay clear of the Phoenix SOFT laminated tips, apparently their is a known problem with them.

Ive had 2 delaminate on me after less than 10hrs use, others have posted on here that they have experienced the same problems.
                    Exactly i,ve seen a few delaminate and had one myself after 2 hours use , like you said others here have had issues with them , i hope you complain to the supplier muck and ask them to pass the complaint on to phoenix .

My friend bought 10 and is sending them back in exchange for mediums . Apparently Dominic Dale has bought 50 mediums .

Comment

Working...
                    X