Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talisman tip - different chalk for better coverage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisman tip - different chalk for better coverage?

It's been well documented on this forum that Talisman tips don't hold chalk as well as other makes and I've heard some people mention that changing chalk to Masters Green chalk works on a harder tip like the Talisman compared to the more popular Green triangle.

Can someone confirm that this is true?

Seems as if you can only buy multi packs so don't want to waste my money on a pack if they make absolutely no difference (Have plenty of Green Triangle)

PS I use Talisman Medium tip which I am happy with but I do have to be quite meticulous when chalking it which is fine when the other guy is at the table but puts me off my rhythm when I'm having to concentrate to chalk well!

ahhh yes. true. it makes a difference on hard, bald tips.

Comment

I have used both and in my opinion the masters is a hair softer, which would make it easier to coat a harder tip. But the difference is minute and will barely make a difference.

Comment

I use masters on all tips

Comment

I think I'll give Master Chalk a try. I can see smaller packs of Masters in blue on ebay. I assume there is no difference between the colours in use?

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
            I think I'll give Master Chalk a try. I can see smaller packs of Masters in blue on ebay. I assume there is no difference between the colours in use?
            Maybe not, but if you get caught using blue chalk in our club you risk getting a thick ear from the owner,

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
              I've used all the colours and they all seem different. Don't know if it's in my head or not but I'd only touch the green stuff.

Comment

Found this posted on another thread which suggests that Masters and Triangle are the same chalk unless it's only the blue colour?

I know that both Master and Triangle are made by Tweeten.....

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
                Guys, to clear up the debate on Green Triangle Chalk. The older dark stuff hasn't been available in the UK for approx. 7 or 8 years now. They changed the colour around the same time as Riley's from Burnley went bust and they had some left, but that soon dried up. (the manager at one of the clubs I supply had kittens when they changed the colour slightly and said he was going to write to Tweetens in the US to complain!)

Also, Tweetens Blue chalk is the same as Tweetens Master Chalk in blue - it's just in a different wrapper.

I remember the old dark green NTC chalk mentioned on this thread - it was like grit. Not nice to use at all. Think that's why it never caught on in the UK.

As a special and limited time offer to TSF members who PM or email me I can supply 12 x Green Triangle Chalks @ £3.55 postage free within UK. I will need email address (to send you bank details for payment) and delivery address with postcode.

I can also do Tweetens Master Blue chalk also @ £3.55 for 12 chalks inc. UK postage and also have:-

Tweetens Master Red, Burgundy, Black or Gold @ £4.20 for 12 chalks inc. UK Postage. (Colours can be mixed if you want 3 of each colour)

PM me or email me to cueist@genie.co.uk with your details and how many chalks you want... Thanks, Dave, Snookerpoolman

If you're outside the UK please email me for a price with postage to your country.

Comment

Working...
                X