Moori or Kamui tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moori or Kamui tips?

hi, im currently using a poison vx 2.9 play cue. tip is the original sarin tip.

Was thinking to change tip, prob a moori or kamui! any ideas?

singapore here doesnt sell Kamui, only moori! I heard moori is also not bad! pls tell me are there any difference?

Friends and people told me, all is up to personal preference!

how can i know wad kind of hardness will suit me?

You using it for pool, 9 ball, or snooker?

Whatever you're going to use it for will give a better idea of which "hardness" level would be best.

As an idea, 14mm tips are for pool (as a rule, but not set in stone), where as 11mm tips are for snooker.

Pool tips are also a lot harder as the balls are heavier.

I'm sure ADR147 has a tip guide that advises the "hardness levels" of tips. (look in the accessories category, I think its there...)

Dean
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post

Whatever you're going to use it for will give a better idea of which "hardness" level would be best.

As an idea, 14mm tips are for pool (as a rule, but not set in stone), where as 11mm tips are for snooker.

I'm sure ADR147 has a tip guide that advises the "hardness levels" of tips. (look in the accessories category, I think its there...)

Dean

Hello. thanks for the quick reply. I am using it for pool. i play 8/9/10 ball.
      I just cannot decide which tip to get. All my friends said it is up to personal preference.

please assist! i just gotten the tip guide. going to read it now.

Comment

Unfortunately, Your friends are right. The tip is just a matter of personal preference.

If you are playing pool, you will need a 14mm tip instead of the 11mm. (I think Moori come in 13mm, but not sure). These are harder as they have more layers than the 11mm tips, but the balls used in pool are heavier than snooker balls. I've read that most players have "hard" tips for their break cue, then medium or soft for their playing cue, but as I think pool is a kids game, I don't play it so don't know for sure.

Best thing to do is contact ADR and I'm sure he'll see you right, he sells tips by the barrel load, so will probably have a pretty good idea of what might be good for you.

Why not just try a moori and see how you get it on. If you don't like it, take it off and try a Kamui. Others you can try are Talisman, Mike Wooldridge Laminated super tips, Hercules, and I think Airin at Aurora (poolqjunkie on here) does laminated tips too.

Hope this helps.
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Moori tips are much softer than kamui. I have played with both of them and have to say that Kamui tips are better in terms of consistancy.. But, moori tips are also very good.
          You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post

Dean
            Originally Posted by coregunner View Post
            Hello. thanks for the quick reply. I am using it for pool. i play 8/9/10 ball.
            I just cannot decide which tip to get. All my friends said it is up to personal preference.

please assist! i just gotten the tip guide. going to read it now.
            I cannot seem to get the tip guide, constantly hit the 404 error
            Can you point me to the correct post (not thread) that has the download that works
            cheers
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

...singapore here doesnt sell Kamui...
              Hi... try Arena Billiards at SAFRA Mt Faber, the owner's Wyn (or Win)... he refereed in a couple of regional pool tournaments like the Guiness 9-ball league and a few others... I think the snookerium at West Coast Recreation Centre sells them too but I can't be sure...

For me, a good tip size for playing American pool would be from 12mm to 13mm.
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Can you point me to the correct post (not thread) that has the download that works
                cheers
                I've got a copy of it bud......

PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you mate.
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  cheers
                  HI mate

http://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rc...YbNq_Q&cad=rja try this.

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                    Hi... try Arena Billiards at SAFRA Mt Faber, the owner's Wyn (or Win)... he refereed in a couple of regional pool tournaments like the Guiness 9-ball league and a few others... I think the snookerium at West Coast Recreation Centre sells them too but I can't be sure...

For me, a good tip size for playing American pool would be from 12mm to 13mm.
                    Thanks alot! i just got the kamui medium recently. Will there be any difference as compared to my original tip for my Poison Vx 2.9?

Comment

Moori would be my choice. Very consistent, and very durable, for US pool. M is what most people use.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Thanks
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                          Moori would be my choice. Very consistent, and very durable, for US pool. M is what most people use.
                          icic! thanks mate. Trying out the Kamui medium 1st! Hope its great! after that i would probably go to moori!

Comment

Working...
                          X