Talisman Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisman Tips

I have now used 3 talisman medium tips over the last few months and all have delaminated whilst playing.Has anyone encountered this or is there a special way of trimming them down to fit the cue?

I tried to put superglue on the side of my talisman medium lately to prevent it delaminating, and I think it works quite well so far..hope it helps

Comment

what size did you use?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have also had the same problem with these tips from 11mm to 9mm and to me they are all crap now..Talisman tips just are not being made the way they used to be..Just my opinion.
        Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

I have been using both 10mm and 11mm and both of them delaminated. The soft version was easy to delaminate on the top layer if i had a bad misscue whereas the medium version used to delaminate in the middle of the tip between layers but no delamination so far since I put superglue on the side tho. You might want to try Aurora tip (they are good but it takes time to sand them down). I also want to try mike's laminated tip, would any one recommend them over talisman?

Comment

Ive not had a problem with the Talisman 11mm soft that ive bought that myself and a few mates have used, ive bought mine from ADR so maybe try getting your next lot from him.
            sigpic

Comment

i have been using talisman for about a year now.........and yesterday i had my 3rd delaminate issue........so bye bye talisman.........

Comment

stu at green biaze guessed a theory on the de layering of the tips. yer have to chalk from the top down. if yer do it the tradiutional way, as yer pull the chalk over, it lifts a layer. have now gone back to elks, but the theory has substance.

Comment

I believe it might be if you use a high dome on your tip that the top layer is too small with not enough purchase on the second layer. I have had one Talisman S de-layer on me but that was after 4 months of daily use so I can't complain.

I bought mine from ADR147 and they've all been good, however I usually order the 11mm which seem to be a little more resistant to de-layering, at least for me.

I've tried the Kamui MH but for some reason after a couple weeks they seem to go off for some reason. I have bought some Phoenix M from Stu Green but have yet to try them out. I also have some Aurora layered tips here and have tried them out with success although you have to remember to not recude the height of the tip and to not have too sharp a dome on the tip, something like the end of the baby finger is good for them and I find they hit very well and grip the cueball really well in addition to taking the chalk well.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

11mm i have never had a problem myself. i guess like everything if you treat them nicely etc etc!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i found mikes laminated tips to be harder than talismans, not nice to play with and that black layer at the bottom seemed to be flexible. struggled to pot with them
                      Last edited by matt926_uk; 18 December 2011, 06:07 AM. Reason: boredom

Comment

I've put Talisman tips on dads cue, and a mate's cue, several months ago. Both are still going strong and no hint of de-lam. Try getting the 11mm versions off Andrew (ADR147) next time. It might be how they're put on and trimmed up as well. I used a "tip trimmer" (looks like a giant pencil sharpener) on both and no issues.
                        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Thanks to all for you advise.I`m gong back to the old fashioned Blue Diamond.9mm. Better the devil you know etc.

Comment

Its the best tip I ever used , very responsive and have lots of feel, but the talisman on my tw cue delaminated after a bad miscue . I blame myself for that . Just retip it with a pro granite , found it harder than talisman s, wonder if it would go softer after timed.
                            In progressing!!

Comment

I think it would get harder as it is more compressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X