Kamui chalk Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by phidavi7 View Post
    i just ordered a piece of this chalk and a SS kamui tip for my pool cue, after amazing feedback from some friends on the pro 9ball scene, i will let you know how i get on with it
    How will you know if it's the chalk or tip??

Comment

Anybody who Pays £20 for Chalk or £12-£20 for Tips Needs Help!

If your a Multi Millionaire then Yes you can Afford to Burn Money but for the Majority of People its a Complete Waste of Money!

I have tried all these So Called Special Tips, Chalks etc and the TRUTH..... There Not for me Back to Basic Triangle Chalk which Most Pro's Use anyway and Either Mike Wooldridge Super Tip or Blue Diamond or Elk Master even if you have to Fit 2/3 to Get Good Blue Diamond or Elk Master who cares there Only Pennies to Buy!

Comment

Good point Gazza ....£20 for a bit of chalk is a complete joke . I throw mine away when i've used half of it anyway .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Good point Gazza ....£20 for a bit of chalk is a complete joke . I throw mine away when i've used half of it anyway .
          Any way you can stop chalk wearing out??.....

Comment

Is the chaulk worth the price no is it any good yes it is.

Comment

Neil I also do the same as I dont like Using it when too far down as it always makes a mess on Ferrule etc unless you goto Chalk Board and Where Sides down as I leave a Cross on my chalk the way I Chalk which leaves some of the sides higher.

Comment

You chalk the same way as me then !
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

the chalk is good, when im playing snooker i can play a whole frame with only chalking it once at the start, it is hard to get used to not chalking it all the time though, also im finding the 1st couple of shots leave a thick chalk mark on the ball, so you have to clean the white after the 1st few shots, im getting more reaction out of the cue ball.

im also playing 8ball with it, and im finding if i want to play a shot with a ridiculous amount of side on it then i chalk it before the shot and i can pull of stupid amounts of spin

Comment

I think the point is most people agree that it is good, but they also feel that it is very pricey.

Not saying they are bad but if the only benefit is so that a player can chalk less often then ...

I would not be surprise if Kamui is spending more money on promoting their chalks than what the entire chalk industry has spent in its entire history.

Kamui is giving loads of its products away to pros and people in the industry for endorsement and review; they are sponsoring pro players such as Mika Immomen; they are sponsoring streaming of pro matches on the Internet; they are attending tradeshows and big tournaments all over the US paying out tens of thousands of dollars to rent all these booths; they must have also paid out quite a bit of money to have pro players playing with the Kamui patch on their shirts and their pictures featured in the promotional material Kamui printed to advertise their chalk...

...all these expenses have to come out from somewhere, plus the middle person (the US trader who buys the chalk from Japan) needs to make a profit so it is no wonder they are so much more expensive than regular chalks.

I believe the price will likely go down. If they drop the price by $10 (from $30 to $20) it would feel like a big savings right now--but if they started off selling them at $20 each in the beginning it would feel like a rip-off, plus they will never be able to charge $30 a piece then.
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 19 January 2012, 03:58 PM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                    X