Cue cases 3/4 advice wanted please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue cases 3/4 advice wanted please

After many years service my cue case has seen better days and I am on the look out for a new case and I would be grateful if members could point me in the right direction I have looked at various cases on the internet but it is very hard from the illustrations to tell just what you are getting for your money (Cheap Rexine, leatherete, leather. ?) I want a plain conservative type case no flashy emblems e.c.t. I have looked at Geordi Pool, Boys on the Baise, (Brown case £84) and some cases from the Cue and Case Store they have a rather nice plain black case at £ 79 I would be grateful for some input from members regarding <Best place to shop>< Value for money> Thanks.

Dont think you,ll go far wrong with cuecraft , the bronze one is very nice , peradon halo is also one i like .

Comment

Cue craft all the way. ADR has the best prices so far as i can see when i did some searching. PM him rather than ebay and save more.
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

It's good if the end caps are not the standard black plastic (I had one and they eventually fall off as they are glued in). I got a nice, inexpensive sturdy alumium case from a local club for $40 CDN. It's probably from China, but it's a good case for a 3/4 cue and has a few spots for chalk. Best part is the hinges and latches are riveted in, not screwed in. The screws often fall out from cases over time.
        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Denja Have a read at this post.
          http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...highlight=halo

Comment

18 months ago I suffered from what I thought was a momentary stroke of madness and purchased a John Parris 3/4 Wide leather cue case for 205 GBP ( to protect my new cue on its journey to Aust. ).
            And what I good decision that turned out to be !!
            The case is a serious weapon, weighing in empty at around 5lbs,JP makes them entirely at his workshop using hardwood as the frame,the quality and weight of the hinges ( 4 ),the latches ( 3 ) and the belt buckles is 1st class as is the quality of the leather and the suede interior.
            In terms of value for money I rate it at 10/10 based on its life expectancy and the pleasure I get every time I use it.
            Would I buy one again ?
            Yes,I have one on order to protect my new 1 piece when that finally,finally arrives.
            I have looked closely at various other leather cases players at my club use and none come close to the JP.
            " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Sometimes wish I had the facilities to design and construct my own case so that I would have plenty of room for a cue towel, files, craft knife, shaper, spare tips, and chalk, At the moment my case is plastered with cartoon stickers of Topcat and Yogi Bear the Grand-kids thought they would brighten up what to them is a rather boring case (What do you do ? they thought they were helping Grrrrrrrrrrrr*****) If I get a new one its going under lock and key.

Comment

Denja,
                Talk to Parris as he offers to customise cases to your specs.
                " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Working...
                X