the best tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best tips?

Hi i play about 3-4 times per week and want a good tip that is going to last a long time. Anyone have any suggestions?
    p.s. i currently use a brunswick but ive got fed up of them wearing down so quickly.

I practice daily (have a table here at home) for 3-5hrs per day. I've have used a Talisman S, a Kamui MH and a Phoenix M and I get 4-6 months out of any of them but notice they are all layered tips. OOPS, forgot to mention I also get the same results from an Aurora layered tip too.

Each one of these tip would be roughly equivalent in hardness to an Elk Master that is played in a bit

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

MW super tips are good i just got some pool baron medium tips they seem to be very good as well.

Comment

thanks for the advice, ive heard things about laminated tips de-laminating. Is there a way to prevent this? and also when i stick a tip on i cut all the overhanging tip off straight away with a stanley knife before sanding it down and shaping it. Does anyone know if this would muck the tip up?

Comment

Laminated tips can and sometimes do delaminate you cant prevent this but can try and reduce the amount of mis cues especially when playing deep screw shots as this is one of the main causes .

Your doing right by cutting off the excess before sanding and shaping ,

Comment

Here you go bud here's a couple of different ways of trimming the tip to get rid of the excess tip.......

http://www.handmadecues.com/info/30-retipping.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-hmyBxNn0

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~rh389/TSF/ADR147TIPGUIDE.pdf
            Last edited by coomsey76; 22 January 2012, 07:55 PM.
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

once again thanks for the advice and i think im of trying a laminated mw supertip. anyone on here sell these as it says mike wooldridge's website that he has sold out.

Comment

try ebay.

Normal pressed MW supertips are top drawer.
                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

send a PM to ADR I reckon he'll have some......

Comment

ok cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                      send a PM to ADR I reckon he'll have some......
                      Andrew doesn't have any (i wanted to try a few) so does anyone else have a MW laminated tip they don't want??
                      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I reckon this could be your only option then bud.....

http://www.handmadecues.com/zen-acce...=index&cPath=1

Buy them direct from the man himself!!

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                          ...Buy them direct from the man himself!!
                          Well apart from the fact it says "sold out" yeah good idea

Comment

Yep you've got a very good point there..... there's just no pleasing some people!!

Comment

MW supertip just a perfect tip for snooker player. Just got the chance to played with it for 4 hours last night and this is by far the best tip I ever used. It does not grip the ball too much like the most expensive tip I used before. It just perfect for all type of side screw u need to use in snooker and this tip is suitable for people like me who always forgot to put a chalk on my tip before hitting the ball. I have to ordered from UK and it worth the money I invested to try on this tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X