Mike wooldridge super tips criticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike wooldridge super tips criticism

I think M.W. Supertips are the best on the market however I have one small criticism THE PACKING The tips are fixed to a small card with some adhesive when you remove a tip a small piece of the card always gets stuck to the back you have to pick this off before you can sand the back this is a pain if you have short nails, you also have to be careful not to indent the back, I have had some that appear to have been stuck on with superglue they are so hard to get off. I expect Mike will answer with his usual banter eg "Grow your nails longer" or something like that but I have had my say ! I will still use the tips as I think they are great.

the card comes off with sanding

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that... I just rub it flat against a piece of sandpaper and it comes right off.
      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
        I must have had some that had been stuck of to strongly as I was in danger of over sanding the back to get it off.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          Lol, I think we posted at the same time.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

It does come off with a bit of sanding i agree, however i did first think 'thats annoying' when i had a pack.

Its the cheapest way to package them i would suggest. A box or little pot would be much more expensive than a piece of card and some glue. I magine there is some margin being made however at £12.99 for 5
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
              I have had some that appear to have been stuck on with superglue they are so hard to get off.
              we only use paper glue like pritstick, for the very reason it comes off easy.

never use superglue to stick them on, so no idea why you had some stuck on so hard.

sorry for the inconvenience but i've always found it comes off pretty easy.
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Thats answered that!

Comment

Mike, wouldn't it be easier to send the tips out stuck to the end of one of your cues ? It just looks more professional that way rather than being stuck on a piece of card. Ive just done some quick maths, the cost to send out 5 cues would be apporx £50 + the £12.99 for the tips so that would be £62.99 delivered, i'm sure people would be willing to pay a little extra knowing that the tips would be coming on Mike Wooldridge cues.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                    It does come off with a bit of sanding i agree, however i did first think 'thats annoying' when i had a pack.

Its the cheapest way to package them i would suggest. A box or little pot would be much more expensive than a piece of card and some glue. I magine there is some margin being made however at £12.99 for 5
                    actually, you're wrong. little pots cost just a few pence and you're disregarding labour costs. it takes much longer to package them the way we do compared to simply dropping them in a pot.

i'm not saying the packaging is great, cos it's not. but it was a means to an end, that has stuck around along time.

in fact, it's a right pain in the ar*e, so the fact you're all crying about it, means it's time i gave it some more thought.

in the meantime, keep your nails long and quit your whining ya big babies
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
                      Mike, wouldn't it be easier to send the tips out stuck to the end of one of your cues ? It just looks more professional that way rather than being stuck on a piece of card. Ive just done some quick maths, the cost to send out 5 cues would be apporx £50 + the £12.99 for the tips so that would be £62.99 delivered, i'm sure people would be willing to pay a little extra knowing that the tips would be coming on Mike Wooldridge cues.
                      Mike already offers this service. I bought a single tip with a cue stuck to it just before Christmas last year.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
                        lol. just lol.
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                          actually, you're wrong. little pots cost just a few pence and you're disregarding labour costs. it takes much longer to package them the way we do compared to simply dropping them in a pot.

i'm not saying the packaging is great, cos it's not. but it was a means to an end, that has stuck around along time.

in fact, it's a right pain in the ar*e, so the fact you're all crying about it, means it's time i gave it some more thought.

Sod a pot for tips.. how about drop tips into little little plastic wallet/bag.. staple to existing card?

things like these.. http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/20055...Types&var=sbar

probably cheaper than your glue sticks, although staple prices have been climbing recently...
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post

I stand corrected.

A pot wins for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                              Mike already offers this service. I bought a single tip with a cue stuck to it just before Christmas last year.
                              LOL, still not as expensive as Fedia's tips though!
                              One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Working...
                              X