Mike wooldridge super tips criticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
    LOL, still not as expensive as Fedia's tips though!
    Someone should send him a question on ebay regarding one of his £1500 cues thats for sale asking if he'd sell the tip seperately, no forget that its a bad idea, he'd probably want £250 for the tip, it'd be free postage tho.
    sigpic

Comment

I have never had a problem peeling the paper off and I do not have nails.

I like the way they look / come. Much better than if you bought 5 x blue diamonds in a blue bag which was once transparent.

You could send them out in a nice looking box like the buffalo tips I got from ADR.

Comment

12.99 for five with the free postage from the ebay ones and they arrived in oz in 4 days hats off to u mike did u chase the postie with a whip?

Comment

I gotta say I have had quite a few which have been a right bugger in which I have ruined 2 Tips doing so. I havent moaned til now but now we have a Thread on it I gotta agree I think they be better Loose in Packet. I know they wont look so good if re-selling them in Shops/Clubs but how many Clubs or Local Shops keeps these in Stock as I have never seen them in any Club/Shop in Packs of 5 just Online which people are selling.

Mike I think you should have a re-vamp I know they look better on card but the main thing at the end of the day is they are the Same Tips without the Hassle of removing the Card from the Bottom of them as thats Annoying as hell especially when your in a hurry to fit the Tip.

As I have said to many People before these MW SUPER TIPS are very very Good its a Pitty they are approx £12.99 a Pack of 5 + Hassle of Removing the Card as I could sell alot more of these if they were alot cheaper as Most People wont Pay over £2.50 a Tip! If I want one I dont mind Paying just Over £2.50 but thats my Opinion.

Mike this isnt me Picking mate but I have lots of People asking me Why are they So Expensive Especially for Packs of 5?? If they were £2.50 a Tip and £8/£10 a Pack 5 then Understandable but £12.99 is Out of alot of peoples price range.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            Sod a pot for tips.. how about drop tips into little little plastic wallet/bag.. staple to existing card?

things like these.. http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/20055...Types&var=sbar

probably cheaper than your glue sticks, although staple prices have been climbing recently...
            I buy these 5000 at a time!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
              I gotta say I have had quite a few which have been a right bugger in which I have ruined 2 Tips doing so. I havent moaned til now but now we have a Thread on it I gotta agree I think they be better Loose in Packet. I know they wont look so good if re-selling them in Shops/Clubs but how many Clubs or Local Shops keeps these in Stock as I have never seen them in any Club/Shop in Packs of 5 just Online which people are selling.

Mike I think you should have a re-vamp I know they look better on card but the main thing at the end of the day is they are the Same Tips without the Hassle of removing the Card from the Bottom of them as thats Annoying as hell especially when your in a hurry to fit the Tip.

As I have said to many People before these MW SUPER TIPS are very very Good its a Pitty they are approx £12.99 a Pack of 5 + Hassle of Removing the Card as I could sell alot more of these if they were alot cheaper as Most People wont Pay over £2.50 a Tip! If I want one I dont mind Paying just Over £2.50 but thats my Opinion.

Mike this isnt me Picking mate but I have lots of People asking me Why are they So Expensive Especially for Packs of 5?? If they were £2.50 a Tip and £8/£10 a Pack 5 then Understandable but £12.99 is Out of alot of peoples price range.

Gaz.
              this is the trouble with living in wales - if the price were £20 for 5 i would still sell plenty. the price is not in that way directly dictated by mike but by the cost of having them made.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                this is the trouble with living in wales - if the price were £20 for 5 i would still sell plenty. the price is not in that way directly dictated by mike but by the cost of having them made.
                Andrew theres no problems living in Wales as Snooker Roots are Stronger here than Most Places in the World and Produced some Great Champions and Some Very Promising up and coming Kids.

Andrew I cannot see how these Tips would Cost alot to make m8? And it does seem as Mike does have some say on the Re-Sale Value of these Tips as they are All Appox £12.99 on eBay/Internet for Sale.

As you know theres always somebody out there Under Cutting one/another but seems like you all have to Sell for Approx £12.99 a Pack.

Gaz.
                Last edited by gazza147; 21 February 2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

they would be cheap if mike had a million made but i would bet they are not cheap, quality costs money mate simple as that.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                    Sod a pot for tips.. how about drop tips into little little plastic wallet/bag.. staple to existing card?

things like these.. http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/20055...Types&var=sbar

probably cheaper than your glue sticks, although staple prices have been climbing recently...
                    we already use them bags to put the card+tips in.
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

The tip is the most important part that touches the cue ball directly and whether it is 3GBP, 5GBP, 10 GBP or whatever it is not really a lot of money compared to the enjoyment vs the frustration with a good tip vs a bad tip.

I know we all want a good deal when we buy but unfortunately in the real world things are not priced just based on the cost of making them.

How much do you think your computer/camera/phone cost in terms of material/labour cost and how much did you pay for it?

When you visit a Michelin 3 star restaurant do you ask them how much the food cost is, how much the rent/eletricity is and then you add the labor cost and ask them to lower the price on the menu for you and charge you what you think is reasonable?

Of course you dont, it is because there are other cost associated with an item such as experience, skill, connection, knowledge, customer service...but the most important thing is the benefit(s) you receive when you buy the item. For example, a fast and nice computer will have a higher value to you than one that is slower even if their material cost may not differ by that much, so you are willing to pay more for the benfit of speed. When you dine at a nice restaurant you are paying for the wonderful experience and the atomsphere and the excellent customer service, not just a piece of meat, so you are paying for those added intangible benefit...

If someone thinks a tip is only worth 2GBP he can always try to have one made for 2 GBP. If he cannot because he just does not know how, does not have the connection, does not have the time, or whateve--then the tip is not really just worth 2 GBP, isnt' it? If it was, you would have been able to make it at that cost or less. When a maker developes a tip he has to go through lots of research, trial and error and it is very time consuming. Some tips are great and some are not even after all the hard work. The good tips are obviously worth more to the end users because of the benefits of great playability and durability and things like that. But the time and knowledge behind the development of a great tip is something a customer sometimes cannot really see or understand, he only sees a little piece of leather and wonders why does this cost so much more than just buying a small piece of leather from a tannery. While in fact the small piece of leather he buys from the tannery--which he feels is the same thing-- will not offer him the benefit of great playability.

A product is priced based on the benefit it provides for its customers; not just how much it costs (labor + material)to make them.
                      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 21 February 2012, 08:17 PM.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        The tip is the most important part that touches the cue ball directly and whether it is 3GBP, 5GBP, 10 GBP or whatever it is not really a lot of money compared to the enjoyment vs the frustration with a good tip vs a bad tip.

I know we all want a good deal when we buy but unfortunately in the real world things are not priced just based on the cost of making them.

How much do you think your computer/camera/phone cost in terms of material/labour cost and how much did you pay for it?

When you visit a Michelin 3 star restaurant do you ask them how much the food cost is, how much the rent/eletricity is and then you add the labor cost and ask them to lower the price on the menu for you and charge you what you think is reasonable?

Of course you dont, it is because there are other cost associated with an item such as experience, skill, connection, knowledge, customer service...but the most important thing is the benefit(s) you receive when you buy the item. For example, a fast and nice computer will have a higher value to you than one that is slower even if their material cost may not differ by that much, so you are willing to pay more for the benfit of speed. When you dine at a nice restaurant you are paying for the wonderful experience and the atomsphere and the excellent customer service, not just a piece of meat, so you are paying for those added intangible benefit...

If someone thinks a tip is only worth 2GBP he can always try to have one made for 2 GBP. If he cannot because he just does not know how, does not have the connection, does not have the time, or whateve--then the tip is not really just worth 2 GBP, isnt' it? If it was, you would have been able to make it at that cost or less. When a maker developes a tip he has to go through lots of research, trial and error and it is very time consuming. Some tips are great and some are not even after all the hard work. The good tips are obviously worth more to the end users because of the benefits of great playability and durability and things like that. But the time and knowledge behind the development of a great tip is something a customer sometimes cannot really see or understand, he only sees a little piece of leather and wonders why does this cost so much more than just buying a small piece of leather from a tannery. While in fact the small piece of leather he buys from the tannery--which he feels is the same thing-- will not offer him the benefit of great playability.

A product is priced based on the benefit it provides for its customers; not just how much it costs (labor + material)to make them.
                        what an eloquent and powerful reply.

makes me think i should put the price up...
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Imho the best packing for tips is the small pot, used for the pro granite tips.
                          mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by Raldon View Post
                            Imho the best packing for tips is the small pot, used for the pro granite tips.
                            yes but they are a pain to post!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              yes but they are a pain to post!
                              You srs? In a small jiffy bag envelope, job done. Just pass the cost of extra postage ( if any ) onto the consumer. ( I know I'm wrong as pretty much always, just sayin' ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                                You srs? In a small jiffy bag envelope, job done. Just pass the cost of extra postage ( if any ) onto the consumer. ( I know I'm wrong as pretty much always, just sayin' ).
                                makes international post 2.07 plus costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X