No announcement yet.

Mike wooldridge super tips criticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just send them in the Little Bag they are already in and put them in envelope with 1st Class Stamp.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
      Just send them in the Little Bag they are already in and put them in envelope with 1st Class Stamp.
      technically they would be too think for that. also when they go through the sorting machine it hits the tips in a letter and you lose a lot hence jiffy bags.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Andrew if you think about it a few letters in a envelope is thicker than 1/5 Tips Next to each other not on Top of each other. What I do is put Plain Printing Paper in envelope with Tip or Tips in the middle of the Paper never had a problem but ssssssshhhhhhhhhh......lol

You can Send Tips in Small Jiffy Bag which costs less than 10p each if buying in Bulk with 1st Class Stamp on with Tips/Paper Wrapped.

If sending expensive Kamui Tips, Talisman Tips I put them in Jiffy Bag and do Them Recorded!....lol

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
          Andrew if you think about it a few letters in a envelope is thicker than 1/5 Tips Next to each other not on Top of each other. What I do is put Plain Printing Paper in envelope with Tip or Tips in the middle of the Paper never had a problem but ssssssshhhhhhhhhh......lol

You can Send Tips in Small Jiffy Bag which costs less than 10p each if buying in Bulk with 1st Class Stamp on with Tips/Paper Wrapped.

If sending expensive Kamui Tips, Talisman Tips I put them in Jiffy Bag and do Them Recorded!....lol

Gaz.
          mate i post hundreds of packets of tips, i do know what i am talking about with this - one tip is technically over the royal mail limit FACT ! it counts as a large letter.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

In Canada, if they can feel that there is anything other than papers they will charge you more.
            For tips if you keep them all flat they will be counted as a light packet (about $4 CAD, which is about 2.40 GBP)but if you use a tub or anything more 3-dimensional it will go up by a lot in postage, like more than double.
            You can try to pretend it is just a letter but chances are your package can get returned or sometimes they just dont deliver it. So, it is important to keep them flat.
            For my tips, I package them like this for an order of 5 tips.
            Attached Files
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Andrew I am Not saying for one minute you dont know what your talking about as i know better than Most you do, But I can assure you I have been sending Tips for Many years myself and my local Post Office Sends them as long as they cannot feel the Tips which they dont i make sure and Weight isnt too heavy I send them....lol

I have sent Very Small Jiffy thru Post with 1st Class Stamp on it and put them in Post Box and its got there many of times, But too be honest I dont know what the problem is really as it 40p+ for 1st Class STAMP and Only 64p/74p for Jiffy in Post Office.

If mike just uses the Packets he already uses with Tips inside it wont Cost more than 74p in Jiffy anyway, But if you Put Tubs in as some have Suggested then this will Cost more so I would Suggest sticking to Packets as Cheaper all ways.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                we only use paper glue like pritstick, for the very reason it comes off easy.

never use superglue to stick them on, so no idea why you had some stuck on so hard.

sorry for the inconvenience but i've always found it comes off pretty easy.
                First like to get one thing clear I rate your tips and your cue oil very highly ! but with no exaggeration the tips were stuck to the card and the result was torn cardboard that was very hard to remove ok ! you can sand and pick it off but you have to be real careful not to sand off to much in order to get rid of it anyone who was a newbie fitting a tip could be in trouble my comments were a respectful observation on something that in my opinion is the best tip on the market.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                  First like to get one thing clear I rate your tips and your cue oil very highly ! but with no exaggeration the tips were stuck to the card and the result was torn cardboard that was very hard to remove ok ! you can sand and pick it off but you have to be real careful not to sand off to much in order to get rid of it anyone who was a newbie fitting a tip could be in trouble my comments were a respectful observation on something that in my opinion is the best tip on the market.
                  honestly, i have no idea why it becomes so hard, it's just the gel like paper glue by pritstick. we've never used anything else. guess it becomes much harder in time and quite an effective adhesive.

maybe we should start using it for sticking tips on
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Perhaps the gel adhesive you use also gets into the tip a bit and that creates the issue of a rock hard tip when it wears down a bit...only what i and a mate of mine found (hardness over time).

Only a thought..
                    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

honestly, i have no idea why it becomes so hard, it's just the gel like paper glue by pritstick. we've never used anything else. guess it becomes much harder in time and quite an effective adhesive.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Mike . Maybe the answer is when you get them on the card , take them off straight away and leave the tips in the bag .........Simples !
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I would like to make a suggestion what about the Pritstick adhesive that comes in a solid tube like a lipstick maybe it may be even more cost effective the kids at school use it to stick on stars and other decorations in art class and you dont get tearing.

Comment

Working...
                        X