your top 3 tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    Yes it is strange first of all buy when you get the hang of it , it does a great job . Its perfect for hard tips buy not tried it on elks etc so cant comment on that . I would advise to mask off the ferrule until you get used to it .
    I'm a recent big pencil sharpener convert, £1 from toys r us with a mahoosive pencil attached! Still use scalpel to trim it, then tidy it with the sharpener and burnish it with the new teflon gadget ADR has just found, amazing job!
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
      burnish it with the new teflon gadget ADR has just found, amazing job!
      Indeed those little beauties from Andrew work a treat......
      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

My top 3:

[1] kamui black MH

[2] kamui original M

[3] talisman PRO S

Comment

talisman soft
          kamui mh
          still working on my third one...hmm not sure yet tho.,..
          Last edited by snookerbum; 10 May 2013, 02:16 AM. Reason: wrong post

Comment

Sniper
            Tiger S
            Moori S

Comment

Noob question but, can someone please tell me what the difference is between soft/hard tips?

Different feel on follow through or something?

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                Noob question but, can someone please tell me what the difference is between soft/hard tips?

Different feel on follow through or something?
                It is of course a different hit/feel on every shot. You have to find out what is right for you and your cue.
                mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Yes you are right on that one. I recently bought some MW Super Tips but I found them too hard for me. I just finished putting on a Tally soft so I am going to try it and see how it is.
                  " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                  " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                  http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                    Yes you are right on that one. I recently bought some MW Super Tips but I found them too hard for me. I just finished putting on a Tally soft so I am going to try it and see how it is.
                    Hmm well you surely won't like the Tally then !!! lot lot harder than a MW supertip, they are like a stone on the end of your cue
                    The term "soft" is very very very misleading
                    In my opinion the MW supertips are the best tips out there

Comment

I will let you know. I did notice when I was shaving the edges that it seemed pretty hard. I am looking for something that hits soft where you can put a little more into it but the cue ball won't jump on me. I played professional golf for a couple tears back in the 80's and I always preferred regular shaft irons with balata balls gave me that soft feel around the greens and when putting. I find snooker much like golf just a lot harder.

Comment

My updated top three:-

1)MW supertip
                        2)Phoenix Medium
                        3)Hard Elk

Just had the phoenix on for a week but it's shot up my list, really enjoying the nice firm hit with plenty of feel, could be a future number one if it doesn't delaminate anytime soon, my first taste of a phoenix but quite impressed thus far...
                        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I have done some practicing with Tally soft and I find I can get more screw back with it but I will not know for sure till I play a match with it. One thing I am not sold on is a laminated tip. Went to use my Joe Popper on it to shape it and it cut into the first layer.

Comment

Funny thing... I used to fancy softer tips, but now am leaning towards hard tips... I'm so fickle-minded.

Current flavour of the month? Mastercue tips (the blue ones)... Recently discovered that I have a couple of them, decided to try on 2 different cues, liked them a lot... so I'm going to stick with it for awhile, until the next time I miss a black off its spot...
                            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I've just put a Baron, soft tip on my mastercue. Plays lovely when in amongst the balls, but feels spongey using power. I have some black mastercue tips so i may try one of those. When i can be bother to re-tip it again. The Baron re-tip was my first time re-tipping in around a year. So i'm a little rusty

Comment

Now I am into my second week with my Tally soft and I think for now I will stay with it. Still like my MW Super Tips.

Comment

Working...
                                X