No announcement yet.

kamui tip problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They came this morning, I am sure they are genuine.
    Last edited by mrbluejay; 28 August 2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
      They came this morning, I am sure they ate genuine.
      Thankyou Prince and mrbluejay. I'm gonna order some on your assurance. If I don't like 'em, I'll sell 'em on ere.
      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Particle Physics;665272]Thankyou Prince and mrbluejay. I'm gonna order some on your assurance. If I don't like 'em, I'll sell 'em on ere.[/QUO

If you only want 1 or 2 nip in to shop, you will pay £6 instead of £5 online but you will save on the £4 postage charge

Comment

[QUOTE=prince07799;665279]
          Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
          Thankyou Prince and mrbluejay. I'm gonna order some on your assurance. If I don't like 'em, I'll sell 'em on ere.[/QUO

If you only want 1 or 2 nip in to shop, you will pay £6 instead of £5 online but you will save on the £4 postage charge
          I've just ordered some from JJB and the free delivery option of picking it up from store and pay the online £4.99 price. Done this before so i know it works These should be genuine as i brought one from ebay and think its a dud since it had the silver hologram on it and from what i read the hologram should only be on the pool tips and not snooker tips.

Not sure why JJb only stock Medium rated tips, unless Riley are only selling one version?

Comment

[QUOTE=prince07799;665279]
            Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
            Thankyou Prince and mrbluejay. I'm gonna order some on your assurance. If I don't like 'em, I'll sell 'em on ere.[/QUO

I've just ordered some from JJB and the free delivery option of picking it up from store and pay the online £4.99 price. Done this before so i know it works These should be genuine as i brought one from ebay and think its a dud since it had the silver hologram on it and from what i read the hologram should only be on the pool tips and not snooker tips.

Not sure why JJb only stock Medium rated tips, unless Riley are only selling one version?

Comment

The new 11mm do have the hologram on its just the old ones that dont

Comment

[QUOTE=p2user;665565]
                Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post

The snooker tips from August 2011, if my memory serves me correctly were all manufactured with the hologram, however there is still a truckload of genuine non hologramed tips on the market and I for one would not buy them unless I trusted the seller and received a good price.
                The Medium tip is probably on discount because people are not buying it !!!
                I bought it and would not buy it again.
                I suggest you start your experiment with Med Hard if you are going to play the Kamui game.
                I have tried EVERY Kamui tip except the 14mm Hard in Black and Brown on my JPU and the Black MH delivers the goods and yes I do love experimenting, my latest aquisition are the MW laminated tips.
                " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

[QUOTE=sydneygeorge;665588]
                  Originally Posted by p2user View Post

The snooker tips from August 2011, if my memory serves me correctly were all manufactured with the hologram, however there is still a truckload of genuine non hologramed tips on the market and I for one would not buy them unless I trusted the seller and received a good price.
                  I suggest you start your experiment with Med Hard if you are going to play the Kamui game.
                  I have tried EVERY Kamui tip except the 14mm Hard in Black and Brown on my JPU and the Black MH delivers the goods and yes I do love experimenting, my latest aquisition are the MW laminated tips.
                  How do you find the mw to kamui mh and a talisman soft (if you have used talisman that is)

Comment

Thanks for the info, will double check the hologram on my kamui tip I brought from Ebay. It didn't inspire confidence when I queried the seller and he just said it was a new batch and didn't seem to explain properly. So I've always assumed it was a fake and left it to gather dust while I used the one I brought from jjb.

Comment

[QUOTE=prince07799;665614]
                      Originally Posted by sydneygeorge View Post

How do you find the mw to kamui mh and a talisman soft (if you have used talisman that is)
                      I haven't tried the MW laminated tips yet.
                      The Talisman Soft I like very much ( I put one on a mates cue 15 odd months ago and it still looks like it has 75% of life left in it,he plays around 6 hours per week ) although I prefer the Kamui MH, it gives me more "feel".
                      " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Originally Posted by sydneygeorge View Post

Care to share why?

Comment

Add Content

Comment

Hi arcadian2002,
                            im also have the same problem like you with kamui, the tip that i bought was from kamui registered store.. from my opinions no matter what you do with this tip either you installed it thick or thin, once you get miss cue the surface will turn black burnished and then for the second miss cue its start to tore to the ferrule.. the shop dealer later one suggest me to try their chalk to preventing that miss cue accident because its been made for that by kamui, so i bought that booth type of chalk like they suggest and compile it together with glue so i could carry as one, now i face with other issue when using this chalk with kamui tip.. the tip only will be good for last 60hrs then later it will be hard as rock and no more bouncy effect like you use to get, the more you try the more it get stoning and good thing about it, its will not tore anymore it just peel off from ferrule, im really sure this is not from my glue as im also using locktite glue as been endorse by them.

For the info im using Acuerate Pro 9.25mm, 58", 16.5oz & i play snooker every day minimum 8 to 14 hrs when im on off day from offshore rig, from my experience this cue with that tip its make me cueing like a pro even im achieve my first 118 break in club tournament after booth setup, but its a very-very expensive equipment just to achive that result. recently i try to switch to other tip just to meet budget but my play had turn badly, cannot pot ball well like before, im feel my game like 12 years old kid who just learn to pot the ball.

moral of this experience: good tools in snooker ruined your hand its make you blaming your environment always, attach to a single piece of equipment will make you weak. You need tactical & mental improvement, skill will come naturally after a good mental & tactical achievement due confident .

cheers
                            fairuz

Comment

Originally Posted by Fairuz View Post
                              Hi arcadian2002,
                              im also have the same problem like you with kamui, the tip that i bought was from kamui registered store.. from my opinions no matter what you do with this tip either you installed it thick or thin, once you get miss cue the surface will turn black burnished and then for the second miss cue its start to tore to the ferrule.. the shop dealer later one suggest me to try their chalk to preventing that miss cue accident because its been made for that by kamui, so i bought that booth type of chalk like they suggest and compile it together with glue so i could carry as one, now i face with other issue when using this chalk with kamui tip.. the tip only will be good for last 60hrs then later it will be hard as rock and no more bouncy effect like you use to get, the more you try the more it get stoning and good thing about it, its will not tore anymore it just peel off from ferrule, im really sure this is not from my glue as im also using locktite glue as been endorse by them.

For the info im using Acuerate Pro 9.25mm, 58", 16.5oz & i play snooker every day minimum 8 to 14 hrs when im on off day from offshore rig, from my experience this cue with that tip its make me cueing like a pro even im achieve my first 118 break in club tournament after booth setup, but its a very-very expensive equipment just to achive that result. recently i try to switch to other tip just to meet budget but my play had turn badly, cannot pot ball well like before, im feel my game like 12 years old kid who just learn to pot the ball.

moral of this experience: good tools in snooker ruined your hand its make you blaming your environment always, attach to a single piece of equipment will make you weak. You need tactical & mental improvement, skill will come naturally after a good mental & tactical achievement due confident .

cheers
                              fairuz

Wow, bro, another Malaysian here? Good to meet you here. Seems like you've made some century breaks, huh? Please be my sifu. LOL

Comment

Kamui

Originally Posted by arcadian2002 View Post
                                Hi,
                                i have been using the black 10mm medium kamui tips, and although i love the feel of them, right from the first stroke i have to say that i am slightly miffed to say the least that each of the 5 tips i have used, have all split at the ferrule, this always seems to happen after only 40hrs 'ish' use, and when the shoulder gets to around 3mm above the ferrule.
                                prior to these i would play with pressed elkmasters or blue diamonds neither of which ever split even with less 'meat' still left on them.
                                So i would love to find out if I am on my own here or has this splitting issue been seen by others?

I have just fitted my last remaining kamui, i have tried the Talisman mediums which seem okay, if slightly hard but unlike the kamui do 'for me' take a little getting use to, so looking maybe at an alternative has anyone compared the MW super tips to either the Kamui or Talisman and if so how does it feel in comparison in hardness?

Cheers
                                Ian
                                I purchased a Kamui tip from a well known shop with good reputation (With Hologram) just to see if they were as good as reported by some members result ! disaster ! had to take it off and replace it with a trusty Mike Wooldridge,the Kamui went out off shape and just would not re-shape without falling apart ok ! may have got a duff one but at £10 a throw never again.

Comment

Working...
                                X