Aramith Premiere Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aramith Premiere Balls

Has anyone used them, and would recommend them. How different are they to TCs? What's the comparison?
    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Just buy TC's PP, that's what everyone should be using

Comment

PP:

They are exactly the same balls, however now Aramith is weighing them more carefully and guarantee 1gm or less variance across a full set of 1G balls whereas the TC Pro Cup balls were guaranteed to have less than 3gm variance across the set.

I have both here and both my sets have less than 1gm variance across each set (and to each other) and therefore the only difference for the more money you pay for the 1G set is the fancy-dancy attache case they come in, which I admit is very handy for those players who travel with their own set of balls to difference clubs, like yourself I believe.

I have a jeweler's digital scale here and I measured the 1G set when I got it and every ball was withing 1gm of 141.5gm and my 6yr-old set of TC balls is exactly the same, even the cueball. If you remember, my 1G cueball had those small circular hairline cracks in it but Aramith replaced that for free, it just took some photos and a little time but I got a cueball weighing exactly 141.5 which I told them was the weight of the cracked cueball.

Weirdly enough, I used the cracked cueball for about 3 weeks before I got my new one and I weighed it just before I packed it up for shipping and it had lost 3gm and was down to 141.2gm. Don't know where that 0.3gm disappeared to though. I couldn't tell the difference

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Terry, PP is asking about the difference between Aramith Premier and TC's, not the difference between TC's and 1G ...

PP, I believe Premier are around 128/129g each whilst TC's/1G are around 142/143g each ... on club cloths, I think it's a lot easier to get lighter balls to respond, it's a lot harder work with TC's ...

Comment

I have both. The TC's just feel so much heavier and the ball's have more deep and rich colouring.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Just buy TC's PP, that's what everyone should be using
            Agreed.....
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I've never understood why Aramith make these balls at 128g. So much lighter than TC's and even normal club balls. I wrote to Aramith asking them in what conditions eg, type of cloth, they thought these balls should be used on. Never got a reply! Would be interesting to hear from anyone who actually uses them. If anyone wants a set I have one going cheap!!

Comment

Thanks for all replies, I guess the Premiere are a no go. I wondered if they were the same as TCs but to a lower tolerance regarding weight range. But if they're 14g lighter, it's a none starter. No point buying and practising with light Aramith, when most clubs use light BCE poly balls as it is. I want to practise with Aramith balls, as they are usually (TC) the match balls of choice in leagues. I guess I'll have to try and find some TCs at reasonable cost. If anyone has any for sale, in good used condition (no chips), let me know.

Comment

Here you go PP check this thread out.....

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ith+balls+sale

My mate bought a set total bargain for the price!!

And if you read Bugmeek's post above he's got a set for sale as well......
                  Last edited by coomsey76; 26 August 2012, 02:05 PM.
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                    Here you go PP check this thread out.....

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ith+balls+sale

My mate bought a set total bargain for the price!!
                    Cheers mate, I'll PM him. Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                    X