ADR147 Laminated Tips Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great review
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Are these laminated tips from Thailand, China or Japan? Are they made of pig skin or cow hide leather? How do these tips compare to the other laminated tips, Talisman, Omin, Kamui, Phoenix etc?

Comment

I believe they are made by ADR himself. I cannot compare to the other tips you have mentioned, however they are top quality tips. Very durable, after several days of play time my tip is still in shape

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
          Are these laminated tips from Thailand, China or Japan? Are they made of pig skin or cow hide leather? How do these tips compare to the other laminated tips, Talisman, Omin, Kamui, Phoenix etc?
          I think Andrew said they're pig skin, don't know where he has them made though but they're made to his spec/design. How does it compare to the other tips you mentioned? It doesn't, the Adr147 tips are much better! Imo that is.

Comment

Originally Posted by AzureFlyer View Post
            I believe they are made by ADR himself. I cannot compare to the other tips you have mentioned, however they are top quality tips. Very durable, after several days of play time my tip is still in shape
            Andrew(adr147) doesn't personally make the tips himself, they're made to his requirements though

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
              Andrew(adr147) doesn't personally make the tips himself, they're made to his requirements though
              Good to know Dave, Cheers

Comment

[QUOTE- I was looking for an alternative and it seems Mike Wooldridge's laminated tips are very highly recommended but don't seem to be available at the moment for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mike-Woold...item27dd2dd17c

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
                  [QUOTE- I was looking for an alternative and it seems Mike Wooldridge's laminated tips are very highly recommended but don't seem to be available at the moment for whatever reason.
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mike-Woold...item27dd2dd17c[/QUOTE]
                  Those are not the laminated one's

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
                    [QUOTE- I was looking for an alternative and it seems Mike Wooldridge's laminated tips are very highly recommended but don't seem to be available at the moment for whatever reason.
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mike-Woold...item27dd2dd17c[/QUOTE]

Try contacting Mike about his laminated tips and you will cop a mouth full of sarcasm.
                    " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Wats the best laminated tip to buy?

Comment

Also wat chalk is best?

Comment

Originally Posted by Brianwalter View Post
                          Wats the best laminated tip to buy?
                          mine mate - mine!
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

If a sent you a tip could you shape it like yours they look great purchase in morning.

Comment

Originally Posted by calgo54 View Post
                              If a sent you a tip could you shape it like yours they look great purchase in morning.
                              Is that to me?

If so then yes id be happy to do that but i would need your EXACT tip size on your cue and you would have to be very precise when fitting it as it would be shaped to perfectly fit the ferrule.

Or you could send your cue, or just the shaft of the cue if you have a 3/4 or whatever and i could fit it completely, which to be honest is the easier option dispite having to send the cue or shaft.

Comment

Originally Posted by Brianwalter View Post
                                Also wat chalk is best?
                                The tips hold green triangle chalk really well, i havent tried any other chalks so cannot compare to others

Comment

Working...
                                X