Brand new tips from phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new tips from phoenix

Over the past couple of months I have been in regular contact with Mr Artisd Jiasaard
    the man behind Phoenix Cues Thailand.

He has kindly sent me a few of the very latest Laminated Pigskin Tips that he has been developing for me to try, and I would like to share these amongst the members and get your reviews when you have had the chance to try them.

I shall then pass your reviews onto him. I have limited numbers so please dont request one if you plan to put it in a draw and forget about it as I would like to pass on our comments to him in return for his kind generosity.

I just need to cover my postage costs so its 60p if you are paying through your paypal balance or bank account or about 85p if your paying with a credit/debit card.

P.M. me to see if any tips are still available and I will give you paypal details. Only 1 Tip per member.
    Thanks

IMG_20140128_113728.jpgIMG_20140128_113800.jpgIMG_20140128_113740.jpg
    Last edited by Maverick54; 28 January 2014, 12:24 PM.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Hi there I would like to try & review these tips.

Phil

Comment

Hi mate, pm sent. Cheers, Mike.

Comment

Hi I'd like to try one, but can't seem to pm from the mobile site thing. Please bear me in mind and ill pm you when I get home
        Many thanks, mike

Comment

One for me please, pm sent.

Comment

Ive been using Phoenix tips for the last 2 years, currently use the black soft version.

I'd be willing to try out any soft versions you have.
            sigpic

Comment

All tips now gone. To all who will receive one, please revisited this thread and leave your opinions on the tips when youve had chance to try them.
              Thanks.
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Ahh I was too late. Bugger.

Comment

Received today, many thanks.

Comment

Got mine today too many thanks I'll stick it on a cue and give it a go

Comment

Received today and on the cue ready for Saturday afternoon, thank for the fast post

Comment

Tip arrived today John, really appreciate the quick delivery. Fitted the tip this evening, found it to be very easy to trim and shape in regards to most other laminated tips. Playability-wise, I'm really impressed with this tip. I hit a break of 87 in my first frame and had a 68 in the next, I just couldn't believe how well this tip responds with hardly any bedding in. I found it to grip the white very well, even with delicate screw shots. Unfortunately, during my fourth frame, I'd began to notice an unusual noise from the tip half way through the game. Turned out that the first layer had started to split, this was a real shame because I was looking forward to seeing how this tip would develop once settled in.

I would rate this as quite a firm tip, and so far it has really impressed me, I could see this being a very nice tip to play with once bedded in. I might even try to re-fit it. Thanks for the tip John, apart from it splitting, I couldn't say anything negative about it, hopefully this was just a one off.

DSC_0005_zps5847654d.jpg DSC_0007_zps1fae6a60.jpg
                        Last edited by MattCash; 31 January 2014, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Looks a lovely tip Matt. Love your shiny ferrule, too.

Comment

Only had about half an hour with mine on.
                            I will echo the fitting in so much as it was easy to trim and shape,however, after about 20 minutes or so the tip stopped holding chalk and I jumped the white whilst playing a screw shot.
                            The tip was fairly shiny by then and I switched over to spruce chalk and played a bit more, but after that I didn't really get much bottom on the cueball I think I was subconsciously holding back a bit.
                            All in all it's not a bad tip but I think it may need quite a bit of roughing up to try to get some chalk to stay on it
                            I'll try it again over the weekend to see how it plays with a bit more bedding in

Comment

Very similar to the o'min tips but not quite as hard, only managed to squeeze in a couple of frames and happy with it so far, apart from getting ribbed for having a purple end!
                              I always prep the tip with a pick and found it held chalk fine and gripped the white really well (although it did seem to mark the cue ball more than usual)
                              Have to say I took off ADR's new tip off to try this, but only because i had done a shoddy job of fitting it anyway, and personally i think he's set the new standard as far as laminated tips go.
                              Points to improve I would say don't pre shape them and either dye them spruce or leave them natural.
                              Last edited by culraven; 1 February 2014, 11:34 PM.
                              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                              X