• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy to trim like the black medium better but not a bad tip

Comment

Are phoenix cues good?

Comment

I fit quite a lot of tips and have a cue lathe. With laminated tips is your cutting down the height make sure you take a even laminate of and then you need to use the correct tools for them. Tools such as the mushroom grazer, the sandman for starting to shaping and then a lighter stainless file is needed.
        Once the tip is cut at the sides you can use a liquid burnisher and a leather pad to seal the edges of the tip which makes them last for a long time. With laminated tips you need to keep the sides of the tip even to the ferrule to prevent splitting and cracking.

I have fitted 100's of tips and mine and others if looked after last 6-8 months at least. If you miscue you need to use a file with stainless grit like the gator grip or similar as sandpaper takes to much of the tip and it doesn't help like the stainless grit.

Comment

I played with mine for the last couple of days, agree with Mick about it not holding chalk like an elk or MW tip, it seemed to skid off the tip but it didn't cause any miss cues, as I just chalked it a bit more often.It is no way near as hard as an Omin , and didn't cause any extra throw when playing side.
          It did give that definite tink feel of a laminated tip, but again no way near an Omin .
          I do feel I struggle a bit with the feel of the shot, but this is probably to be expected from moving from pressed to laminated. When playing long shots ,say from baulk to potting a ball around the pink spot, I could run through and stun much the same but I couldn't screw back up past the blue area, but this could have been me as I felt my timing was out today, I also found when screwing back off a straight black with reverse side I didn't get as much reaction, but again that could be me. Over all I quite like it I think it's better than the Omin tip I had(which is the only other laminated tip I have used) but I'm not sure laminated tips are for me, but I would definitely say try one if you prefer this type of tip.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

A big hello from France to all of you

I'm playing carambole billiard and I just got a black laminated phoenix tip , very good feelings during the first hour... before it got deliminated (
            I'm really disapointed by this product. Is it the common rule for this tip or I haven't been lucky ?
            By advance apologies for my poor english

Comment

Just recieved a new batch of these fantastic tips from Phoenix that seem to be getting favourable reviews. Anyone interested please read the original post and P.M. me for details.

Thanks
              John
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'll take one please, I'm due to retip actually.

Comment

Just to say after my previous post that Craftman's cue is a great store , I wrote to Simon about my delaminated tip and 3 days later I received another one for free ! and this tip is really very good .

Comment

I have been using the medium tip for a over a year and like them so I was happy to try these new tips, I have had over 10 hours so far with no problems, they hold chalk well keep there shape

for me the have a better feel over the medium with side and screw

im no pro but would be happy to buy when they are for sale

Comment

Had mine for a few days now and really like it. At first I found it to be very hard but it's definitely got softer after a few frames. Not had a single miss-cue in 30+ frames, chalk retention is fine, no better or worse than an Elk. This will be my tip of choice in the future.
                      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Used mine for a few weeks now. Trimmed down to 8.25 mm with no problems, although it's the first laminated tip I've used I can't fault it. A good option, worth a try.

Comment

Not sure if I got a dodgy one but my tip became delaminated really quickly. I had to fit one of my original phoenix tips which I use anyway, was fine

Just my luck lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                            Not sure if I got a dodgy one but my tip became delaminated really quickly. I had to fit one of my original phoenix tips which I use anyway, was fine

Just my luck lol
                            The secret to fitting any laminated tip is to use a sharp blade and take a little off at a time. Most problems with them delaminating are usually caused by poor fiitting and shaping in the first place tho you may have cause have been unlucky as you say Phil.
                            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                              The secret to fitting any laminated tip is to use a sharp blade and take a little off at a time. Most problems with them delaminating are usually caused by poor fiitting and shaping in the first place tho you may have cause have been unlucky as you say Phil.
                              That's exactly what I done mate, using my craft knives. Ah well. I'd try them again in the future just in case, if they ever go on sale.

Thanks for the tip in the first place

Comment

Working...
                              X