Polish my balls with car polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish my balls with car polish

i have recently polished my balls with turtle wax (type of car polish).
    Dear oh dear are they fast! They just keep on rolling forever, i can screw the white back to the cushion and back on a long pot like i'm jimmy white on steroids.
    Anyone else tried this and is it as good as aramith bal cleaner?

Advise: do not make tests on your balls! :-)

Comment

some years ago, myself and a friend walked into his Legio club to play some frames, there was an old man walking around one of the end tables and we took another and started to play. All most immediately we knew some thing was wrong, I picked up the cye ball and it felt strange, slippy and smelled of.... furtnite polish!, all the balls did, we looked down at the old man, he held up his hands and there was a cloth with a ball in it and there on the rail next to him was a can of Pledge furniture polish, he grinned and nodded, and said "they come up lovely dont they"
      The rest of the frames were a disaster as the balls skidded off rails and slipped on the bed, and off each other, forget about kicks this was appalling!
      We left feeling demoralised and with a parting comment to the steward that this should not happen again.
      Later we heard that after us some of the league players came in and after the same reaction we had, they promptly threw the old man's cloth and spray can out the window in front of him, and spent the rest of the night with said old man recleaning the balls to remove the polish

so answer your question, car polish on snooker balls, not for me sorry
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Oh no....., that's a no no for snooker/billiard balls!! They'll skid off the rubber cushions n off each other. You'll not get a true path on the balls! Best to clean them with just warm water after play, if the ball are dirty, or use the recommended solution from the manufacturers, like 'Aramith' ball cleaners.........

Comment

Actually there is a compound that has been developed to solve the problem of dry spots which in-turn solves the problem of kicks but it is not designed to be put on the balls like a polish, it is sprayed lightly onto a cloth then rubbed into the balls and we are talking very small amounts.

So far testing has given really good results with minimal use, no sliding like with the above pledge problem and it does dramatically reduce kicks.

I'll let you all know more nearer to the time when it will be on sale but a top referee will he heading it up and I believe a presentation to The WPBSA is being drafted for official use of this product at tournaments.

Comment

Working...
          X