Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Electronic Scoreboard

Hello,

I wish to purchase an electronic scoreboard like the ones used in IBSF tournaments. I believe that they are branded Shender and used to be Wiraka (Mass produced in China somewhere I would say and they just have a different sticker once the sponsorship for the IBSF changed).

No replies from Wiraka or Shender so am here seeing if someone has one in working order or knows of any other suppliers where I can purchase just one.

Am I correct in saying they have an output port where you connect it to a PC and after some configuration scores can be read to a database or similar? That is what I am after so if anyone knows of alternatives please let me know.

The design looks similar to this

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Found one for you. I don't know where you are though. If you are outside UK, get a free UK address and have the product shipped to you using www.borderlinx.com. I have used them with no issues for a while now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ClubKing-Ltd...ker+scoreboard
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by ale8ion View Post
      Hello,

I wish to purchase an electronic scoreboard like the ones used in IBSF tournaments. I believe that they are branded Shender and used to be Wiraka (Mass produced in China somewhere I would say and they just have a different sticker once the sponsorship for the IBSF changed).

No replies from Wiraka or Shender so am here seeing if someone has one in working order or knows of any other suppliers where I can purchase just one.

Am I correct in saying they have an output port where you connect it to a PC and after some configuration scores can be read to a database or similar? That is what I am after so if anyone knows of alternatives please let me know.

The design looks similar to this

Any help or direction is appreciated.
      That's a tough one I looked for them also but really could not find one I liked. I now use My Snooker Stats on my iPad and extend it through Apple TV to my LCD Monitor over my bar. Works perfect and keeps all the stats.
      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I found these electronic snooker scoreboards on ebay au:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IBM-15-LC...item3a8bec22c8

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Professio...item3a8b5a7c23
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input! I have decided against purchasing anything, I figure if I am going to use one of these external scoreboards I will need a PC/Laptop to record the scores in a database so what I have done is created my own scoreboard in Javascript and PHP which save the scores to a database and I can do what ever I wish with them! Thanks any way

Comment

sounds good
            anything you can share with us?
            any pictures of this in action?
            (as you have less than 10 posts you may need to use photobucket or such like to copy the IMG code to display images in your posts)
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Very simple right now, but here is what it looks like. Feel free to give me some feed back if you think it could look nicer, I am no designer!

Main Screen:

Enter Names:

All controls are given from the keyboard, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 for points and E for end frame, R for reset, U for undo. When I get a bit more time I might add a foul feature where it records if a player fouls. This feature would mainly be useful along side something I will implement where at the end of the match you can print an entire match history, ball by ball play. E.G "Player 1 pots a red", "Player 1 pots a black", "Player 1 fouls - 5 points".

At any point you can click on any number to edit it if for some reason you have messed it up so badly the undo feature cannot help you.

Comment

Working...
              X