New special elk master tips as used by Ronnie O'sullivan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Third night out and I think the tip is bedding in ok.
    Sounding nicer and playing better than the other nights. Feel starting to get for what I expect for the shot.
    Probably keep it on unlike after Tuesday
    at least for a while longer...
    worth the extra £? probably not...
    Thought the whole point of these was that they bedded in straight away!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      Sounding nicer and playing better than the other nights. Feel starting to get for what I expect for the shot.
      Thought the whole point of these was that they bedded in straight away!
      not sure about that
      not what I read from the start but not what I found
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The guys at Stamford put me a tip on a new cue i had and it was a compressed elk master, that tip was awesome! so many good breaks with it.

Comment

HI Dean ordered some last week 5 10 mm and 5 11 mm cannot wait to get them
          Thanks for the Info

Cheers Leonard

Comment

I have to agree with some previous comments that, if Tweetens can press these tips to a more consistent standard, then what does that say about the regular tips.
            If getting the right consistency means production costs go up then fair enough but I fail to see why the regular tips shouldn't be just as good if used in the same press.
            I'm perhaps being a little synical.
            They also look incredibly similar to pro_granite tips.
            There are so many choices in this market now that the customer is king and any products falling short of standard will see sales fall.
            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Please let me know when they arrive

Comment

So am confused ( don't laugh ) so the more a tip is pressed the firmer it becomes and the harder the better ? So why can't some one company just make them ?

Comment

Depends on what you like Stevie harder doesn't mean better, it's an individual choice, but it think some Elks are too soft so need a little squishing to bring them into a normal range
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yes a get what you mean. It sounds to me most players like a firmer tip

Comment

• New special elk master tips as used by Ronnie O'sullivan

I personally don't like hard tips, hard doesn't necessarily mean better but of course harder can relate to less need for reshaping.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        I personally don't like hard tips, hard doesn't necessarily mean better but of course harder can relate to less need for reshaping.
                        Yes dean so if the tip is that little bit soft you have to reshape it that bit more ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                          Yes dean so if the tip is that little bit soft you have to reshape it that bit more ?
                          Hi Stevie, well yes a soft tip can misshapen easier, I once had a soft Pool Baron on my pool cue which was a fantastic tip for feel and control (for me) but after several matches you would need to attend the shape. Lasted about a year of pool league matches.
                          I would say that I like a medium tip which I would class the standard ElkMaster tips as being, they hold there shape well but are not hard. I do not like a tip that seems like a lump of stone on the end of the cue
                          Obviously all this is personal preference and subjective and completely different to anyone and everyone...

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            Hi Stevie, well yes a soft tip can misshapen easier, I once had a soft Pool Baron on my pool cue which was a fantastic tip for feel and control (for me) but after several matches you would need to attend the shape. Lasted about a year of pool league matches.
                            I would say that I like a medium tip which I would class the standard ElkMaster tips as being, they hold there shape well but are not hard. I do not like a tip that seems like a lump of stone on the end of the cue
                            Obviously all this is personal preference and subjective and completely different to anyone and everyone...
                            Hi dean yes a no think the softer tip suits me as the new exquisite cue a got there has a elk on it according to the guy so as you said a get more control of the cue ball and not such a hard pebble sound if you no what a mean

Comment

• Last night was the 2nd time that i've played with the Tip .....and have to say that i am impressed with them . Nice feel to them .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Received mine today.
                                First look: Very different to normal Elks.

I think popular pressed tips went all in the same direction now.

First i will put one on a mate´s cue without let him now what tip it is...
                                mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Working...
                                X