Expensive badge ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, how come it doesn't have on badge on it??
    came without a badge on it, was given to me by my father in law, he said he got it from the boilermakers club in Hartlepool before it closed down and guy said it was made by Robert Osborne, have no reason to doubt it, have seen enough cues in my time and had a Osborne myself to know its a very high quality cue and similar in design to cues I have seen with Osborne and hunt badges on in past
    Craftsman custom made cue
    57 inches
    17 ounces
    9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
    ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Not really forum I suppose but that amount for a badge is out of order,even the £50 is.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
        Not really forum I suppose but that amount for a badge is out of order,even the £50 is.
        think it is forum jim, that's what I meant about discussing things of interest, we all share an interest in all aspects of the game including equipment and certainly we know when someone is taking liberties lol
        57 inches
        17 ounces

Comment

I offered him 99p (the minimum amount) but unfortunately he declined, gutted

Comment

There is only a couple of reasons why you'd want to buy this one being the amount in price you'd make from duping an unsuspecting buyer. scumbags like these need stopping.

Comment

if someone tried to stitch me up with sticking a premium badge on any old stick they would be getting a knock on the door whatever the distance

Comment

Note to self...don't buy any H&O cue no.75 !...note to self don't buy any really expensive cue....can't afford it and won't necessarily play any better than a reasonably priced cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by sprogbasket View Post
                  Note to self...don't buy any H&O cue no.75 !...note to self don't buy any really expensive cue....can't afford it and won't necessarily play any better than a reasonably priced cue.
                  don't you mean Will Hunt #095
                  or have I missed something?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yep..your'e correct...got me numbers mixed up...sentiment remains the same.

Comment

Will Hunt has been in touch with us today expressing his concern over a badge that is listed on ebay

The seller states that number 95 black plate badge is genuine. This is not so as Will Hunt still has this badge in his possession, and is no where near that number on his black plate cues

Original Source: fake will hunt black plate badge for sale on ebay - selling as genuine http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz30ULaqF5L
                      - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                      Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by jack_dougles View Post
                        came without a badge on it, was given to me by my father in law, he said he got it from the boilermakers club in Hartlepool before it closed down and guy said it was made by Robert Osborne, have no reason to doubt it, have seen enough cues in my time and had a Osborne myself to know its a very high quality cue and similar in design to cues I have seen with Osborne and hunt badges on in past
                        if you want can send some pics I cant upload as my attachments are too big(yes I know all the guys say that lol) great cue but as I say no badge but seen a lot worse cues sell for hundreds of pounds
                        57 inches
                        17 ounces

Comment

had this response from seller so thought i would share with you

Dear doctor.cue,

Hi, thank you for informing me of this. However without being disrespectful, I believe the badge to be genuine. Although I didn't know that it hadn't been used on a cue. So what I have here is actually a duplicate of the one that Will has. I didn't intend to mislead or dupe someone into purchasing it, if I wanted to do that I could have fitted it to a cue and sold it which is why I have taken the badge down. If you want I can send you the badge to forward onto Will and he do what he sees fit with it.
                          PS. on receipt I would be grateful if you would retract the comments on TSF that I was selling a fake item. As you can see from my feedback I have great track record which I wouldn't jeopardise by selling fakes.

Kind Regards

- jayteeare

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                            had this response from seller so thought i would share with you

Dear doctor.cue,

Hi, thank you for informing me of this. However without being disrespectful, I believe the badge to be genuine. Although I didn't know that it hadn't been used on a cue. So what I have here is actually a duplicate of the one that Will has. I didn't intend to mislead or dupe someone into purchasing it, if I wanted to do that I could have fitted it to a cue and sold it which is why I have taken the badge down. If you want I can send you the badge to forward onto Will and he do what he sees fit with it.
                            PS. on receipt I would be grateful if you would retract the comments on TSF that I was selling a fake item. As you can see from my feedback I have great track record which I wouldn't jeopardise by selling fakes.

Kind Regards

- jayteeare

What a load of tosh, he was caught out, the only reason people like this sell badges like these are to attach to a cheap cue and then sell for profit. glad he's been caught out and i hope no one buy's anything of the sort off him again..

Comment

Working...
                            X