Hardest cue tips for snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titans are the hardest I've ever used.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
      Respectfully disagree. In theory, a harder tip will offer more throw akin to playing with a more "stiff" shaft. With soft tips, the tip "bends" and absorbs impact, and then releases the cue ball more slowly also. If you play with side, a softer tip will throw the cue ball "less" offline, while a harder tip will throw the cue ball "more" offline. One way to "fix" a "whippy" cue is to use a harder tip. Same with an overly stiff shaft, and softer tip. John Higgins uses a hard tip last time I heard commentators mention it (few years back).

More theory/discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx4r0NSsxqo
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72p2IGBV1N8
      I think thats as subjective as a whippy or stiff cue , said i wouldnt go back to elks but the two Trev put on my cue played lovely and didnt throw , squirt or hatever term you want to use any more or less than any of the laminated tips i,ve used over the last couple of years . Personally i think you can look for tiny little thing like this tip does this n this does that to a point where is takes your focus away from the game . Stick a tip on if you like the way it play then use it and you will get used to how it plays and reacts .

Yes a tip is important but i think you can get too hung up on it n look for the tinniest of things to improve your game , when your playing well you will play well with a variety of tips from a blue diamond to a kamui .

Comment

Thank you everyone for replying. I already been headache for this tip issue for a week. I am more prefer to hard tip as I found it easier for me to stunt a long shot compare to softer tip. Been using a Talisman WB hard type but the tip only last for about
        2 weeks and not really that hard as well. Still not sure whether i'm fixing it wrongly or what. For me, to get a nice hard tip is just like a nightmare especially my country having limited supplier and plenty of fake Elk Master tips.

Comment

Originally Posted by GabrielOng View Post
          Thank you everyone for replying. I already been headache for this tip issue for a week. I am more prefer to hard tip as I found it easier for me to stunt a long shot compare to softer tip. Been using a Talisman WB hard type but the tip only last for about
          2 weeks and not really that hard as well. Still not sure whether i'm fixing it wrongly or what. For me, to get a nice hard tip is just like a nightmare especially my country having limited supplier and plenty of fake Elk Master tips.
          No probs buddy, what happen to the Talisman hard? Heard that it is best to buy the 11mm upwards size tips.
          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
          Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
          Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
          Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

For it to feel soft and only last 2 weeks I think you may well have been too heavyhanded using too rough a grade to shape or not used a sharp enough blade when trimming

Comment

Hi Bros...I'm using the 11mm size and trim it by using the tip sharpener in a slow motions rotating trimming. After that I sanded the top to dome shape using 240 sand paper. Anything wrong with my procedure ?

Comment

Bro Toodark, the Talisman WB delaminated.

Comment

Hi Bros...I'm using the 11mm size and trim it by using the tip sharpener in a slow motions rotating trimming. After that I sanded the top to dome shape using 240 sand paper. Anything wrong with my procedure ?
                  Tip sharpener might be too dull. A very sharp x-acto knife will work just as well.
                  Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                  My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Bro, you need this....

photo.JPG

Most players in Malaysia use this, I used this as well but now no more.....
                    I used this to press the Omin Red & end up like having stainless steel tip on my cue.
                    Sometime I might worry the cue ball crack... Every time I hit it sound ~~ "Tang"

You are just like me long ago...
                    I loved hard tip & was trying to look for the hardest tip.
                    I tried Pro Granite, I tried Talisman XH, I tried the Omin Red..... I pressed them all !!!
                    But now I'm stick to Kamui MH or maybe the new ELK Master Special.

Which part of Malaysia are you in ?
                    Last edited by kadobau; 27 May 2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      Pro grant tips,, soft for snooker??? as far as I know, you're the first player to say that.!!! Anyway, try moori hard. usually used by pool players (American Pool). they are much harder than pro grant or Talisman.
                      He should be the second..... LOL.
                      I even pressed the Granite myself before fixing it .......
                      I have also pressed the Omin Red, pressed the Talisman XH ~~~~ Hahaha... I think I was crazy

photo.JPG

But all these are history ~~~~~ I'm now on KAMUI MH.
                      Last edited by kadobau; 27 May 2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Hi Bro Kadobau. I'm in Puchong, Selangor. You're using DIY tip compress ? How you find the kamui mh ? OK or not the level of hardness ? Is there any people selling in Malaysia ?

Comment

Maybe the Titan and Le professional tips is your taste!

Comment

Hi Bro Kadobau. I'm in Puchong, Selangor. You're using DIY tip compress ? How you find the kamui mh ? OK or not the level of hardness ? Is there any people selling in Malaysia ?
                            Kamui MH is layered tip, medium hard..... but springy... IMO.
                            Not the type that you want..... What you want is extremely hard tip.
                            Also, don't really last long... about 1.5 month, for you... maybe 2 weeks.

I may change to New Elk Special.... cause KAMUI too costly...
                            I buy from Singapore or Thai. Very expensive, SING$18/pc, Thai slightly cheaper.

New ELK cheaper & last longer but not that springy as compare to KAMUI.... IMO.
                            I'm now has the New ELK special on my cue, almost 1 month & still look like just installed while ago.

You are just like me earlier.... I always look for the hardest tip.
                            But I force myself to change, I try the softer tips.... may not used to it at the beginning stage but I stay firm....
                            After couple of months, I fall in love with it...

Comment

Hi Kevin. I can't obtain the Titan or Le Pro here. Is this type belongs to hard type if compare to Omin red tip ?

Comment

Hi Kadobau. Do you have any FB account ? So that I can add you. And how the new Elk Master tip ? OK or not the hardness ? Need to further compress ?

Comment

Working...
                                X