Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What chalk for what tip???

Hello TSF,

I joined this website 4 years ago to get future knowledge on all things cue sports...... But i seem to have forgotten all about yous till recently...... My Q is.... What is happening with Chalk these days? £20+ for Kamui.... Really?? What's your thoughts on chalk and the best matching tips??

Light green Triangle regardless of what tip is still the best imo, light green Master is very good also and green Silvercup is pretty good on laminated tips

Comment

For me it's green triangle for ELKs, green master for laminated tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        Light green Triangle regardless of what tip is still the best imo, light green Master is very good also and green Silvercup is pretty good on laminated tips
        Dont think light green is anywhere near as good as dark green on laminated tips .

Comment

ive always used light green triangle on all my tips, both pressed and laminated, but recently fitted a phoenix tip and tried the triangle spruce chalk, but it left marks on the cueball.
          I've now gone back to a mw supertip and gone back to the triangle light green, although I am down to my last block, so have now got some master light green to try out this weekend.
          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

My personal preference is Master. I used to use green triangle up until a few years back but found it was becoming very light and powdery (maybe dryer than previous) and often after playing a few frames I would find my bridge hand coated in chalk, the chalk wasn't coating the tip evenly. I've always played with softer pressed tips, generally Blue Diamonds (though the odd Elk & Buffalo Diamond) so expected better coverage. I decided to try out Master as I knew it was used more commonly in pool where harder tips are generally used & therefore needing a softer chalk and I've never looked back. Better coverage meaning more consistent strike & no more coloured hands.

I've never used laminated tips so I can't really say too much, but general opinion seems to say that softer (almost damper maybe??) chalks are important. As for Kamui I'd say you'd have to be a mug to pay £20 for a single cube of chalk...good marketing can sell any product

Comment

had to sacrifice my mw supertip for a pool playing friend so put a pro granite on my snooker cue and tried out the light green master chalk.

Very impressed with the combo!
              http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                Dont think light green is anywhere near as good as dark green on laminated tips .
                Silver Cup green chalk is darker than Triangle and Master green

Comment

Has anyone tried Predator 1080 chalk? Supposedly noticeably better than the usual stuff, but still a lot cheaper than Kamui.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrfault View Post
                    Has anyone tried Predator 1080 chalk? Supposedly noticeably better than the usual stuff, but still a lot cheaper than Kamui.
                    Yes I have for UK pool, grip wise its very good, covers the tip well and it doesn't make much mess although it only comes in blue so it does stand out on the cue ball leaving blue spots but not that bad. I had to stop myself from chalking after every shot as I usually would, chalking before a frame and not chalking again untill the start of the next frame without any miscues and I'm confident I could have played 3-4 frames only chalking once. Its actually very very good. Only fault is that it is blue

Comment

Working...
                    X