Blue Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Chalk

Does it actually matter what chalk you use when playing snooker? I have been using Master blue chalk and it's serving me well and it seems to really adhere to the tip, but a lot of people swear by green chalk.
    Both green or blue chalk will leave marks on the table so does it really matter?
    Highest Break 21

The blue chalk is used by a lot of players here in Canada and the only difference is you can see the blue spots on the cueball easier. With the green they are still there but you don't notice them as much
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

A few clubs I've played at would kick you out for using blue chalk, it stains the baize. Generally you use green chalk for snooker as the baize is green and blue for American pool where often the cloth is blue. Also as mentioned blue shows more on the cue ball

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        A few clubs I've played at would kick you out for using blue chalk, it stains the baize. Generally you use green chalk for snooker as the baize is green and blue for American pool where often the cloth is blue. Also as mentioned blue shows more on the cue ball
        From my experience the blue chalk I have been using hasn't really left any marks on the cloth no more than the green chalks anyway and surely if the tables were brushed regularly then it wouldn't be a huge issue. I have noticed the marks it leaves on the CB though.
        Highest Break 21

Comment

I find the Blue chalk less oily more grainy, cleans off table easily, grips cue ball firmly. Does show on Cue ball!
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by WHolmes View Post
            Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
            From my experience the blue chalk I have been using hasn't really left any marks on the cloth no more than the green chalks anyway and surely if the tables were brushed regularly then it wouldn't be a huge issue. I have noticed the marks it leaves on the CB though.
            Brushing can push the chalk into the knap and different coloured chalk will stain the baize.

Comment

I definitely agree that in general you ought to be using chalk that loosely matches baize colour. There is generally no difference in performance. A while back in the local pool league there was a guy who had red chalk. He thought he was really cool for using this red chalk. But it just left red marks on the tables and in the end clubs banned him using it (and rightly so!).
              I am interested though in what any decent players think of Master chalk? Obvioulsy Triangle chalk is most popular and that's what I use, like most people. But I've noticed a few players switching to Master chalk (Ronnie and Bingham to name two).
              Is there much difference between Master chalk and Traingle?? Is it worth a look?

Comment

Originally Posted by timcunnell View Post
                I definitely agree that in general you ought to be using chalk that loosely matches baize colour. There is generally no difference in performance. A while back in the local pool league there was a guy who had red chalk. He thought he was really cool for using this red chalk. But it just left red marks on the tables and in the end clubs banned him using it (and rightly so!).
                I am interested though in what any decent players think of Master chalk? Obvioulsy Triangle chalk is most popular and that's what I use, like most people. But I've noticed a few players switching to Master chalk (Ronnie and Bingham to name two).
                Is there much difference between Master chalk and Traingle?? Is it worth a look?
                Master chalk is slightly softer so coats the tip better, but it also falls off the tip easily so you must chalk after every shot, which you should be doing anyway

Comment

At the end of the day its a personal preferance ot where you live-climate etc

I used to use Blue Diamond chalk and when that was hard to get I went to Triangle Green.. was good but was annoying to cut the clock down to keep it level (get most use out of the block).
                  I now use master Grey Chalk.. first tried it in the Queensland Masters Billiards.. it was better than I thought, dosent leave marks on the balls.. yes it does fall off slightly but that is good as you then keep in the rythm to keep chalking the tip (to save miscues etc).. like to try the Green master but have just got 2 boxes of grey..
                  Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

Working...
                  X