Tip Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Press it. Stick it on. Shape it. It ain't rocket science. There are websites and YouTube videos showing you how to but i fear they would get you frothing at the mouth again, so I'll pass.
    Ridiculous as per usual.

Comment

Originally Posted by focus View Post
      Ridiculous as per usual.
      Really, why?

Have you ever tipped a cue, lad?

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        Really, why?

Have you ever tipped a cue, lad?
        May I give you a gentle warning, I'm sure you already have numerous complaints against you, and if you drag another thread off topic or attempt to wind up another member in this non constructive manner I suspect you may be facing a ban of some sort. Banter is fine in the general threads, but threads such as this one with members seeking and sharing advice are not the proper place for it.
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
          May I give you a gentle warning, I'm sure you already have numerous complaints against you, and if you drag another thread off topic or attempt to wind up another member in this non constructive manner I suspect you may be facing a ban of some sort. Banter is fine in the general threads, but threads such as this one with members seeking and sharing advice are not the proper place for it.
          Eh? You lot unleash hell on me for daring to suggest someone might want to learn more about the theory of the game, yet I'm not allowed to gently mock someone for not being able to stick a tip on correctly?

How does that work, then?

Comment

Originally Posted by focus View Post
            Well, I could make a small aluminium cap pretty easily then make a dome into the block with a drill bit, then put that on top of the tip and squeeze em both in the clamp. That would hopefully lead to even compression over the top surface and maintain it's shape. If done right, it could even lead to the ideal tip shape that doesn't require filing or am I being hopelessly optimistic. lol
            The only thing I have found with the tip presses and it may happen as well if I have got it right in my head what you are going to do, is the top of the tip because of the turning motion of the press and general compression, gets burnished or as I call it glazed, so even if you have a lovely dome shape you have to sand the top of the tip and shape it a bit any way to take the glaze off the top.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
            X