No announcement yet.

'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the humble 50p elk master the greatest tip ever produced?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
      Is the humble 50p elk master the greatest tip ever produced?
      Certainly the tip with the biggest difference between a good one and a bad one. . .

Comment

• True that, all sorts of soft, medium and hard in a box. Variable like no other. They seem to have been the pro choice for a long time though.

Comment

True that, all sorts of soft, medium and hard in a box. Variable like no other. They seem to have been the pro choice for a long time though.
          I suspect that is more about market share than anything else. I sell one box of elks for one of every other tip roughly....
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• A friend has asked me if it's a good idea to fit a pro elk soft. What should he expect from this tip guys? Does it deform like soft elks?

I previously persuaded him to move from BD to BDP, which he has enjoyed. But he prefers a softer tip.

Comment

• I use the Medium ......decent tip . I like it .

Medium hasn't deformed .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Got a kamui mh on my JP ultimate at the moment and it's the most overrated/expensive tip I have to say.
                Was thinking of going for a soft pro elk myself which will go nice with my stiff cue(ooh err) lol.
                What's the medium Neil in terms of tips you've used in the past mate? Very underrated tip but quite hard is the O'min red laminated and cheap too!
                VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                  Got a kamui mh on my JP ultimate at the moment and it's the most overrated/expensive tip I have to say.
                  Was thinking of going for a soft pro elk myself which will go nice with my stiff cue(ooh err) lol.
                  What's the medium Neil in terms of tips you've used in the past mate? Very underrated tip but quite hard is the O'min red laminated and cheap too!
                  O'min red is nice. I ruined one whacking the balls one day and it chipped. But it's a nice lammy, up there with the best and great value. Just be kind to it!

Comment

• Hi Dan , Find it grips better than a standard elk . Probably slightly better than the original MW Super tip .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Hi Dan , Find it grips better than a standard elk . Probably slightly better than the original MW Super tip .
                      Running out of those original MW Super Tips. Has Mike finished with them now?
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

A friend has asked me if it's a good idea to fit a pro elk soft. What should he expect from this tip guys? Does it deform like soft elks?

I previously persuaded him to move from BD to BDP, which he has enjoyed. But he prefers a softer tip.
                        I know a chap who currently has a soft one fitted. Its not a bad tip actually, I thought it would be all spongy but its just right, hasnt deformed on him. Had a few shots and its like a good elk.
                        I'm gonna try one myself soon.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                          Running out of those original MW Super Tips. Has Mike finished with them now?
                          I used to love those tips, gradually went downhill in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                            I used to love those tips, gradually went downhill in my opinion.
                            Thing is, you buy one skin and you feel obliged to use it, even if it isn't top notch, given the large cost, if you're a smaller producer. Tweeten can get skins, save the best for Pro Elks, and pass the rest on to the myriad of tips they produce. The advantage of production scale.

Comment

Thing is, you buy one skin and you feel obliged to use it, even if it isn't top notch, given the large cost, if you're a smaller producer. Tweeten can get skins, save the best for Pro Elks, and pass the rest on to the myriad of tips they produce. The advantage of production scale.
                              Again my personal opinion is that they should have had more testing before being released re the super tips.

Regards your theory on the Pro Elks I would go with that - bet it costs then next to f-all as well to produce.
                              My mate is happy with his though.... hope they are consistent... need to be at that price.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                                Again my personal opinion is that they should have had more testing before being released re the super tips.

Regards your theory on the Pro Elks I would go with that - bet it costs then next to f-all as well to produce.
                                My mate is happy with his though.... hope they are consistent... need to be at that price.
                                I think there is a 'boutique' element within the cost. Know what I mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X