Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Booters View Post
    I got the medium
    So it still seems relatively soft for a medium ?
    Sorry for all the questions - I want to try one so would like to get it right.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
      So it still seems relatively soft for a medium ?
      Sorry for all the questions - I want to try one so would like to get it right.
      It's felt soft to me, but that's compared to a Phoenix medium which would feel much harder than a medium pressed tip. It only felt like that after a few shots though, after 1 or 2 frames it felt good

Comment

I tried medium and thought it too soft also

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          I tried medium and thought it too soft also
          I found the hard to be about right , each to their own as it were!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I found mine to be too hot
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

If I do buy another one I would probably go hard (that reads really bad but you know what I mean)
              The medium has firmed up quite a bit already, still early days with it, need a couple more hours at least

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                Yes I got a hard one might put it on after the next one I loose.

Comment

That does not read right

The medium does firm up after a while an plays good but defeats the object of wanting a firm elk right from the get go.

Do these tips just come in the little triangle box of 3 or can you buy in bulk? If so where best to buy price wise?
                  Last edited by Byrom; 21 June 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Put a medium on last night and played today. One of the hardest tips I have ever played with. Ridiculous. Getting fed up with this. Friend had a medium a few weeks ago and it was so soft it literally fell apart. Not good enough Tweeten. Not good enough at all.

Comment

• 3 hours with it tonight, 3 of the most frustrating hours I have ever played, couldn't pot a long ball or any kind of thin cut, I do have better grip with this tip but I'm thinking the increase in grip is exaggerating any unintentional side, I do use a small tip any way which doesn't help, I know it's my cueing and not the tip but I'm not keen on it after tonight, I will give it one more session, if I get a repeat of tonight, it's coming off

Comment

• ^^^^^

This post got me thinking , last week i had the same problem with long balls . So it's now in my head that the tip grips too much .

Played last night and halfway through playing i revert back to my old cueing style of holding the cue nearer the butt , i had been experimenting holding
                        the cue higher up the butt .
                        Anyway , didn't play too well , but i did knock in some fantastic long pots .......which is unusual for me !

So thanks goodness its not the tip ......couldn't through another tip experiment exercise again .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• 'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

Been using the chalk for a few weeks now and getting towards the end of a block. It's good stuff but I've never seen chalk stick to the white like this stuff does. Sadly, this chalk won't be getting my gold award
                          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                            Been using the chalk for a few weeks now and getting towards the end of a block. It's good stuff but I've never seen chalk stick to the white like this stuff does. Sadly, this chalk won't be getting my gold award
                            I agree. What tip are you using? Was wondering if depends on what tip you use? I use Woolridge Super Tip.

Comment

• 'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

A compressed Elk. Played my mate last night who was using a MW Supertip and that marked the white the same as my Elk.
                              #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                                A compressed Elk. Played my mate last night who was using a MW Supertip and that marked the white the same as my Elk.
                                Is the chalk a similar darker colour like the Spruce Masters ?
                                If so I had the same problem with the Spruce Masters, marked the cue ball heavily.

Comment

Working...
                                X