Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Cue Cases

Hi Guys

Is there any manufacturer who is making bespoke wooden cue cases, looking at getting something made.....

Cheers

Dave

There was that American chap, Roger Taft, but I think he has retired.

B&WBilliards used to have custom boxes but they have closed down.

A few years ago I heard that there was someone local to me that made boxes but could not find any details

Good luck with your search, let us know if you find anyone
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I'm reconditioning a 3/4 wooden case.
      AV also got a one piece red wood case that I made nearly 20 years ago. It's heavy because they just don't make like this anymore. Hence why it's 20 years old without any real blemish! :snooker:
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I have a mate that has made a few for team mates over the years. He was on the tools but now office bound so keeps his hand in.
        Every one been impressed with what they have had.
        If you fancy I can ask, PM me what your looking for if so?

Comment

One on eBay at present...

Anyone know someone who converts cases? I've just bought a couple off shot gun cases and they'd make cool cases for my cues.

Comment

Thanks very much guys, its not an easy one this, thanks again

Dave

Comment

Hi I know someone if you call me tomorrow I put you in touch with him. 07967133737
              "Wright Cues"
              Cues made to your specification, giving you the confidence in your cue
              http://www.wrightcues.co.uk
              reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

Hi Wright Cues (Reg), I will have to leave it until the new year for anything to be produced so will look again then.

thanks again

Dave

Comment

Saw a Facebook post from Maximus recently showing some very nice wooden cases.

Comment

Give Stu at GBL a call, he might be able to get one for you.

Comment

What do folk pay for a basic custom case?

Comment

Hi Big Splash

To be honest I'm not sure, but I suppose it could depend on how it is made. From box wood so it's not too heavy and covered, basically made to fit your cue, extensions and any other little bits you want to take with you, it's all your spec. The thing is, when I had a Rodney Hinde cue made for me many years ago, he actually said to me that he wanted to try something out in the way of making cases, well what I had was a single piece cue he made for me, that he made into a 3/4 with an extention, what then made was a case that fitted the cue perfectly from a solid piece of Brazilian mahogany, the work he put into it to make it fit the cue was amazing, he routed the groves out for the cue and extension, and a place for chalk then added baize to these areas so you could see the open areas of the case were mahogany, the outside was covered Ina grey leather, chrome latches handle and corners. It was a great package that was a good price for the late 1980s. Obviously this kind of work would cost a lot of money today, probably the same as a good cue. I am not sure if he made many, but turned out absolutely beautiful.., I wish I still had it......

Dave
                        Last edited by Madbox; 20 February 2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X