Aurora - New Generation Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora - New Generation Tips?

Has anyone tried them? Are they as hard as rocks like the old generation? How do they play, great?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AURORA...Igf-Q6nO-IAq1w

Secondly, does this mean Richard is back in business - will cue orders be next - how much of the great lakes sunken treasure maple is left - can the bog maple cues be made once more - can this be the ultimate Xmas present to the cue collecting world?

Can the Titanic sail again?! :biggrin-new:
    Last edited by Big Splash!; 25 December 2016, 11:07 PM.

I'm playing with a phoenix hard laminated tip at the moment. It's good but it doesn't seem to hold chalk as well as a pressed tip, but I think that's because maybe it needs a tip tool or sand paper, any tips? Or am I asking too much of a hard laminated tip?

£9.50 is a lot for a tip, I'd recommend phoenix for the way it holds its shape, Stu at Greenbaize recommends them too.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
      I'm playing with a phoenix hard laminated tip at the moment. It's good but it doesn't seem to hold chalk as well as a pressed tip, but I think that's because maybe it needs a tip tool or sand paper, any tips? Or am I asking too much of a hard laminated tip?

£9.50 is a lot for a tip, I'd recommend phoenix for the way it holds its shape, Stu at Greenbaize recommends them too.
      Love the Phoenix tips . The black and red ones .
      I use silver cup green chalk with them . I found the triangle chalk wasn't great on them

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
        Love the Phoenix tips . The black and red ones .
        I use silver cup green chalk with them . I found the triangle chalk wasn't great on them
        I have the phoenix black, very hard, keeps its shape and will last forever. Only thing that was bothering me was it not chalking easily, thanks might try the silver cup green, am currently using master chalk green.

Comment

C'mon Stu!

Is Richard rocking the plane again, and making tips in presses once more? Will pool junki return from snooker heaven?

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            C'mon Stu!

Is Richard rocking the plane again, and making tips in presses once more? Will pool junki return from snooker heaven?
            Stu ?? (as in Greenbaize ??) it's Coutts selling them mate, better ask him

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Stu ?? (as in Greenbaize ??) it's Coutts selling them mate, better ask him
              Why did I think of Stu, probably summat to with that cue thread.

Doctor, doctor, can't you see we burnin burnin, oh doctor doctor! Wassup Doc, and how is Richard?

Comment

Regarding the Phoenix black tips...I use the spruce triangle chalk and it seems to be more paste like than the original green triangle chalk..never had any bother

Comment

yep I have found the spruce Tweeten Triangle chalk works ok on laminate tips, many others say that Tweeten Master chalk is really good on laminates (I assume the usual green colour )
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Email Dave direct to see what the crack is .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

The triangle pro chalk covers my kamui with no problem

Comment

Why did I think of Stu, probably summat to with that cue thread.

Doctor, doctor, can't you see we burnin burnin, oh doctor doctor! Wassup Doc, and how is Richard?
                        Thompson Twins, there's a blast from the past.
                        At £9.50 a pop you will need a check up from the neck up if you buy one.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Has anyone tried them? Are they as hard as rocks like the old generation? How do they play, great?

Secondly, does this mean Richard is back in business - will cue orders be next - how much of the great lakes sunken treasure maple is left - can the bog maple cues be made once more - can this be the ultimate Xmas present to the cue collecting world?

These tips have been around for a few years. I think Dave Coutts has had these for quite some time (probably not a great demand for these) so more than likely old stock that he has struggled to shift. He has previously listed these on ebay and they have been advertised on his website.

Comment

playability of those tips is about the same as Moori tips .
                            personally , I would'nt use them to play snooker .

BTW, If You're looking for that kind of Maple , I think Kevin DeRoo can help you with that .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              yep I have found the spruce Tweeten Triangle chalk works ok on laminate tips, many others say that Tweeten Master chalk is really good on laminates (I assume the usual green colour )
                              I use Tiger soft tips and they are calking just fine on those tips ( much better than master chalk tbh ).

Comment

Working...
                              X