Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
    Can you show a picture of the issue?
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/marclockleyhockerz/embed/slideshow/Ferrule%20Cutter"></iframe>

If you look at this photo I have used a cue with a 10.2mm tip and just inserted it into the collet and I cannot get it to reach the end as it tightens before this even without it in the tenoning machine.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

But what size is the cue as it gets stuck, I had one and the problem was more in reverse as it would not tighten on a 9mm cue, after that I never bothered using one again.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
        But what size is the cue as it gets stuck, I had one and the problem was more in reverse as it would not tighten on a 9mm cue, after that I never bothered using one again.
        The diameter of the part of the cue that gets stuck is 11.4mm but it says it goes up to 15mm and this is with the larger collett in place for pool cues.

Comment

Sorry if this is stupid but have they sent you the right sizes? Does it have the size stamped on it somewhere to check?
          Sometimes it's the bleedin obvious that gets overlooked.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Sorry if this is stupid but have they sent you the right sizes? Does it have the size stamped on it somewhere to check?
            Sometimes it's the bleedin obvious that gets overlooked.
            Peradon's description is as follows:

Ferrule Fitting Machine Holds shafts of 11mm to 15mm in diameter. Features 2 removable cutting blades

I've looked on the machine and there isn't any indication as to size or choice of a different machine on the internet as far as I can see. The only size differences seem to be the collet that fits inside and I have tried both with the same results.

Comment

Tweetens do one and the difference in sizes is obvious, is your similar?( down near the bottom left hand side)
              http://www.cuepower.co.uk/accessorie...g-c-18_22.html
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                Peradon's description is as follows:

Ferrule Fitting Machine Holds shafts of 11mm to 15mm in diameter. Features 2 removable cutting blades

I've looked on the machine and there isn't any indication as to size or choice of a different machine on the internet as far as I can see. The only size differences seem to be the collet that fits inside and I have tried both with the same results.
                you would need different inserts for 11mm and 15mm - If I remember correctly i had 3 or 4 of the centres.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Tweetens do one and the difference in sizes is obvious, is your similar?( down near the bottom left hand side)
                  http://www.cuepower.co.uk/accessorie...g-c-18_22.html
                  Yes its the Tweetens one I have and I have the two collett inserts and have tried both.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    you would need different inserts for 11mm and 15mm - If I remember correctly i had 3 or 4 of the centres.
                    I have both the inserts and neither will let the cue (10mm tip) insert all the way through. I have contacted Tweetens direct and Skip has come back to me this evening and is also stumped at the moment and is considering the colletts may be wrong or the bottom nut so I have sent him some diameters this evening to see what he can find out.

I'll await his comments as it is an odd one and I keep trying to see if I am doing it incorrectly!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      I have both the inserts and neither will let the cue (10mm tip) insert all the way through. I have contacted Tweetens direct and Skip has come back to me this evening and is also stumped at the moment and is considering the colletts may be wrong or the bottom nut so I have sent him some diameters this evening to see what he can find out.

I'll await his comments as it is an odd one and I keep trying to see if I am doing it incorrectly!
                      been a few years since I sold mine but as I recall it would be difficult not to do it right, so it will be that you have the wrong insert.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I agree it must be the wrong collet. The cue should ease through with room to spare!

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                          I agree it must be the wrong collet. The cue should ease through with room to spare!
                          If it is the collett then it must be a bad batch. The machine came with a standard collet and I ordered a spare of each size so I have 3 that do not work.

It seems to me that the collet fits the nut perfectly but the actual internal diameter of the collet can only expand about 0.6mm so either the nut is too tight and should have a wider diameter to allow for expansion, the external diameter of the collet is too much and fits too tight or the internal diameter of the collet should be greater to allow for expansion as the taper gets larger when you insert.

Skip at Tweetens has already offered new collets and but AI've asked him to check the measurements so he doesn't send new collets and find out it's the nut or I'm just doing it like a nut!

I'll let you know.......

Comment

Skip from Tweetens feels it has to be the collets so is sending both sizes and a new bottom nut just on case to test......

Comment

Working...
                            X