Why can't they make 9.5mm tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't they make 9.5mm tips

Thought i would enquire if anyone is aware i can purchase 9.5mm tips as i am fed up of keep trimming and shaping every time i renew one. Mike i bought one of your cues PRO5 and it is a superb cue but i don't understand why if the cue is finished off with this size why arnt the tips the same size rather than 10mm in your range. Previously the only other brand i have seen at this size is Elkmasters which i hate as they are to hard any ideas i would be grateful.

that would be cos i like a mushroom tip.

10mm on a 9.5-9.75mm ferrule. lovely jubbly.

but on a serious note, it's manufacturing costs. not possible to produce various tip sizes on a small scale. elkmaster do it cos they make millions of tips. they can afford the time to set up for different sizes.

so, until rest of world wake up to the supertip, the only size i can do must be 10mm cos it covers pretty much everyone.
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Well, sometimes a cue advertised as 9.5mm could be actually a bit more or less. It happens.
      What are you going to do if your 9.5mm tip is just a hair too small for your 9.63mm cue?
      Or your 9.5mm tip could be actually only 9.38mm, then 9.5mm is still a bit too big.
      Trimming the tip is good, it allows you to make sure it sits well.
      Even if your shaft is exactly 9.5mm at the end, the tip that you buy could be 9.46mm being sold as 9.5mm, and you will be going crazy trying to make sure it sits center on your shaft.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

lol ya moaner!

just get the 10's trimmed down, thats half the fun in my opinon, getting it to look just right!
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Mike Wooldridge Tip

Mike - How about putting a picture of your tip on the forum. (snooker cue of course) I' d like to see how you set up a mushroom tip on your own cue. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested.

Comment

sometimes i wonder why i bothered writing the website....

http://www.handmadecues.com/info/30-retipping.htm

4th pic down mate...
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by markf121 View Post
              Thought i would enquire if anyone is aware i can purchase 9.5mm tips as i am fed up of keep trimming and shaping every time i renew one. Mike i bought one of your cues PRO5 and it is a superb cue but i don't understand why if the cue is finished off with this size why arnt the tips the same size rather than 10mm in your range. Previously the only other brand i have seen at this size is Elkmasters which i hate as they are to hard any ideas i would be grateful.
              elks are too hard - give up playing!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Mushroom Tips

Sorry Mike - I have read that piece on your website, but I forgot. While I'm at it, let me say the information on your website is excellent and is appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  elks are too hard - give up playing!
                  Hmmmm it's true I use elks because I don't like hard tips!
                  You do of course get variation in a box.
                  I go back to Trevor White once told me you can feel how hard the tip is with your nail. So my team bought a big box between us and we take the ones we like. Softer for me!

Comment

Working...
                  X