Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you spend for your next cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you spend for your next cue?

with all the topics about cues and prices, I was wondering how much you would spend for your next cue (if you had to buy one, that is).

so please use the poll above.
    Last edited by Phil; 26 January 2009, 12:09 PM.

Probably £300 and above, I'd like a nice 1piece cue.

Comment

price would always be slightly irrelevant to me as I'd never buy a cue based on value or looks alone. If I needed a new cue I'd go somewhere that has a decent selection and able to try them out, then hopefully I find one I like and ask how much. Then its a case of haggle if you don't think its worth that or pay up, simple.

Comment

got a cymru cue's cue which has served me well but i need a new cue now to improve i feel so between 100 -150 ir near the 80 mark would be ideal

Comment

From reading a bit of this forum over the weekend it does appear that many of you spend more on a cue, or think you should spend more than I would suggest is average.

I dont know the backgrounds of everyone and whether many are pro's or semi pro's, and if thats the case fair enough.

Whilst a nice Parris would be nice I personally wouldnt spend that much, so would just about go to £120, which i just have done on a Peradon King, and that to me is A LOT to spend on a snooker cue.

Hopefully it will be worth it though :snooker: although the funny thing is, im prepared to spend more now that I would 10 years ago when I played pool to a very competetive standard, and at least 6 days a week!

Comment

I think what it highlights is that some people consider the name plate and look of a cue over the playability potential. I mean people think that going to Trevor, Mike, Parris or whoever is going to guarantee them a cue thats right for them. Its like paying over the odds for a pair of jeans from Diesel just because they are fashionable but you are paying for the name more than anything else.

Just because someone charges over £300 for instance does not guarantee that the same product bought elsewhere for say £130 won't do the same job. That's why I always advocate that price of a cue should be irrelevant or at least it is to me as I'd never buy a cue to spec again. I've had too many down the years from many different cue makers and I've never been satisfied with what they've delivered. This isn't a knock at the names mentioned above but I always find it strange that they never advocate this themselves, when surely if they want to give good advice this must surely be the first bit of advice anyone should be given when looking for the right cue and not just one that has nice splicing or a shaft with a certain amount of V's etc.

Comment

Sure playability should be the first priority, but if people spend a lot on aesthetics or reputation that's their perogative.

At least two of those cue makers on this forum have said (repeatedly) that features such as grain, splicing etc bear little relation to playability.
              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Another aspect of this question is... How long are you willing to wait for it?

Would you go to a shop and try out your next off-the-rack cue and take it away with you or would you order from a cuemaker to spec and wait 3-8 months for a "hopefully it'll be perfect" one?

=o)

Noel

Comment

Working...
                X