O'min cue review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'min cue review

Just received my O'min 1 piece cue today.

1 piece
    9.9mm tip
    Ash shaft
    Ebony butt
    57" long
    18.5oz
    SD joint

£120

Bought from Welshpooltrading company

Delivery was a little slow with it taking over a week to receive from only Wales to Bristol but Paul Morris seems a nice bloke and always replied to my hassle emails I kept sending him re delivery times explaining that his local post office had shut down etc. He also sent me some hi-res photos of the cue via email prior to purchase.

Am happy with the case he sent with the cue aswell. Hard plastic standard with leather handle but does the job well. Perhaps only could fault the price of the case in comparison with a cue craft aluminium.

The cue - well after using 2 parris cues. 1st a 3/4 champion and lastly a 1 piece traditional modelled on Ronnie's cue spec. I have to say the weight distribution of the O'min is not as good. It feels very butt heavy and a little flimsly up top near tip. Time will tell when I start hitting some balls with it how it reacts i.e. whippy or stiff. The tip was stated as 9.9mm by Paul and I'll check that when I re-tip the cue tomorrow when I receive my talisman soft pro from ADR147.

The finish of the cue is extremely good. The ash shaft is completely covered in flashes (ive yet to count how many but generally dont care how many a cue has ' i know some people have OCD for this though) The cue has no manufacturing flaws as far as I can see and the splices line up nicely with the flashes. (again I dont really care for aesthetics as much as others but I note this for the review)

I'm not quite sure of the make of tip on the cue but it will be bitten off tomorrow morning and replaced before my first session with it.

Overall, the cue is very different to my parris traditional but for the money, it is a very high quality hand made cue and one which I don't think could be equalled for the price.

Thank you Paul and I would recommend you.

never heard the chevrons/arrows being called flashes XD

Comment

Yes, prob a personal term I use. Just shows how much I care for them. :-)

Comment

get pics up then poona!
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Ronnie's cue I think is smaller than 9.9 and the length is longer than the standard traditional of 57" and 58 isn't it.
          ADR will know!

Comment

Yeah, it was my parris traditional that was made to ronnies spec, not my current O'min which is to a random spec which Im happy with.

p.s. ill get pics up soon.

Comment

Pics as requested -
              Attached Files

Comment

not the best photographer lol

Comment

Working...
                X