Fitzpatrick and longley snooker cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitzpatrick and longley snooker cue

i have a 1 piece Fitzpatrick and longley snooker cue and i know nothing about it. does anyone know any info on this company. All i know was they were bought by perdon back i the 1940's. I think the cue is before that time but i cant find any info about it?

I believe they were based in Sheffield- 100upper is your man for more detailed info

Comment

cheers

ah great thanks.

How do i contact him?

Comment

As i am not sure on how to contact anyone 100 upper is there any chance you can help me?? I have tried e.a claire but they dont know much about the cues just peardon bought them back in the 1940's.

Comment

I'm not sure where you have got the information that they were bought by Peradon in the 1940's. They were actually taken over by Clare's (now trading as Thurston's) around 1965. Barry Longley, stayed on for a few years as their Yorkshire representative, but the company became wholly absorbed after this.

Bernard Fitzpatrick established the company, either in 1843 or 1848, depending on which reference you choose. He originally operated from 7 Balm Green, Sheffield, as a billiard table manufacturer. I am not certain of the date that he was joined by Longley, but I know they were trading under the Fitzpatrick & Longley name in 1903 by which time they had also moved to their Lady's Bridge premises in Sheffield. They stayed at this address until 1965 which makes dating their pieces more difficult than most manufacturers as almost everything has the same address on it. However, they had become a limited company by 1926, so if you see a "Ltd" after the company name, it is after this date.

Comment

Hell, that's pretty clear info that.

Comment

Thank you very much that is helpful as i had no idea on this company. It does have ltd on it so it is after that. shame it doesn't have an address on it.

Thanks for all your help

Lloyd

Comment

hey trevs1 are you still based in bridgend? If so is there any chance you can straighten the top of this cue? My old man says you might be able to help?

Comment

I would like to know if anyone else has any more info or memoribilla.

Comment

Working...
                  X