Treating my Peradon Ascot cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treating my Peradon Ascot cue?

I just bought my first ever cue, its a Peradon Ascot 3/4. I've been reading through this forum a lot, and I know there are mixed reviews on Peradon cues, but it felt nice to me, and i'm not a very serious player so I went ahead and bought it. Since this is the first time i've bought a cue, I wanted to ask the expert here how to look after it?

I understand that Peradon cues are usually varnished, so they can become sticky quite quickly. Is there anything I should apply to the cue, or anything else I should do do make sure it stays smooth? Any recommendations on what I should buy etc etc?

Your help would be much appreciated

if the full cue is varnished theres not much point putting anything on the cue as it cant penatrate the wood just keep you hands clean and have a dry cloth to wipe your cue down .

Comment

You can sand down the varnish and then treat the wood with raw linseed oil.But it depends on you,If you are satsified with the varnish finish of the cue then I think there is no need to oil it.You can buff dry the cue if you find it sticky.
      As far as peradon cues are concerned I have seen some good ones and some ok ones also.Peradon are good value for money overall. Best of luck with your new cue!
      My deep screw shot
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

thanks for the info!

Comment

i just bought a second hand peradon prince for a mate, it was covered in varnish but i just spent an hour or two going over all of it with a couple of grades of sandpaper and very fine wire wool, then oiled, then buffed it up. came out a treat and now looks/playes like a much more expensive cue

Comment

Done the same with my Peradon Canterbury what a difference it made to the finnish.

Comment

The shafts aren't lacquered on Peradons just the butt.
              Just give it the odd wipe with a damp cloth then a dry cloth. A bit of raw linseed oil once in a blue moon.

If the Varnish on the butt bothers you you could then maybe think about sanding it.
              Back when I had one it only really was a problem when it started wearing off.

Comment

the on i got for my mate was varnished all over...

Comment

Well I must of seen hundreds of Peradons. I've owned one, a few of my mates have them. I've even seen them working on them in the back of the shop and I've never seen one completely lacquered.
                  Who knows.
                  I remember the Cannons were all lacquered.

Comment

Just bought Peradon Harlow for me.. liked its feel and weight in my hands..

Comment

I bought a peradon comet and thought the finish was quite rough and one of the splices started to raise so I contacted peradon and they suggested I use 0000 wire wool and a couple of coats of linseed oil so I did, and now after I done it, it feels fantastic really pleased shame they didn't do that in the first place. hope this helps

Comment

If you do sand cue be vary weary of sanding the butt as the ebony underneath May have cracks with filler in and not be of the best quality or it may be fine as they use a black type Finish over the splicing these days , in my opinion peradon have fallen behind on the quality of there cues which is a shame .

Comment

Working...
                        X