Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parris cue joints

hi all

got an old parris champion but its started to make noises when stricking ball, and its getting hard to join together.
    how much does he charge for joints fitting?

read somewhere on here he does them for free, gotta be a joke right

No it's not a joke..........he usually just charges £12 to cover the cost of the return postage if your to far away to take it in, he also does the same if one of his cues need straightening, just charges return postage.

I'm sure that's still the case but probably worth phoning just to check............

Comment

yeah its one of the good things about JP, he usually stands by his cues and little things like this are part of the service you get when you buy a Parris cue.

Comment

thanks for your replies, didnt know if to post this question on here lately, has parris has been getting a gud going over

Comment

Well i wouldn't worry about that, best to speak as you find, good, bad or indifferent & we'll all have our own views on things........just speaking for myself my dealings with Parris have always been ok, and i'm pretty sure you'll get your joint sorted out no problem.

Comment

Have had 2 parris cues and never had a problem with them. Had the champion 3/4 and traditional 1 piece.

Both good cues. Altho annoys me to pay so much when the man himself has prob not made the cue personally.

Which is why I'd go MW or TW in future.

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
              hi all

got an old parris champion but its started to make noises when stricking ball, and its getting hard to join together.
              how much does he charge for joints fitting?

read somewhere on here he does them for free, gotta be a joke right
              My jp joint or weight bolts also loose, but there is no problems when striking the ball, only the joint or weight bolts loosen.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NJt...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObX6G...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNirO2VkH4
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1uYI...eature=related

Comment

just got an email from parris

looks like a re joint isnt free after all

RE: alteration‏
                Sent: 30 January 2009 09:22:14
                To: 'Matthew Morgan' (littledragon729@hotmail.com)

Hi matty

a new tip and ferrule will be £28-00 we will need the cue for 1-2 weeks, we should be able to clean the joint if it is just dirty and sticking if it does need a new joint £38-00 plus return p&p if applicable

Regards,

Parris Cues

Comment

Oh well, they've obviously changed their stance since I last got in touch. Shame but I guess if no other cue maker is offering a free repair service then why should he. New tip and ferrule price is a bit expensive though. Shouldn't really cost more than £15 IMO, might be better to take the cue somewhere else, its not like Parris use special joints or ferrules which only fit their cues. Shop around.

Comment

Try craftsman. Their prices are better. Worth the phone call at least
                    sigpic <---New Website
                    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

yeh, am only up road from them

reason why was gonna send to parris is to have another joint the same, so if i decide to sell cue someone wont say its a fake

i.e craftsmans joint

Comment

i might be wrong but here goes...
                        if you bought the cue from john parris... (ie your the 1st and only owner) issues with joints would/should be foc...
                        if you bought the cue from a third party... i would expect a charge for any work/maintenace

i have 2 north west cues (one from kevin, one from third party).
                        both cues have been thinned on the taper and been re tipped...
                        the one i had made for me - FOC
                        the one i bought - a very reasonable £10 for thinning taper, refinishing and tip.

just thinking this might be the same sort of deal with parris?

Comment

atm147iwish, the only problem here is, how would JP or any other cue maker know you are the original owner? Its all well and good in practice but cues swap hands all the time, I'm sure they don't keep a record of the cue produced and the spec and who owned it to keep as future reference in case of future problems.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                            atm147iwish, the only problem here is, how would JP or any other cue maker know you are the original owner? Its all well and good in practice but cues swap hands all the time, I'm sure they don't keep a record of the cue produced and the spec and who owned it to keep as future reference in case of future problems.

I'd agree with that.

Also, it's not easy to know whether someone has used the cue well and with consideration, or abused it either. There are tell tale signs of abuse when joints suffer with this kind of issue, but it's not a clear cut case each and every time.

Comment

fair play, it was just an observation/thought.

perhaps whilst the cue is relatively new (eg.. comparison to 1 yr warranty on electrical goods!?!? perhaps not a good comparison) issues such as joints, taper etc might be dealt with foc or near as damn it.

anyways ive found kev muncaster to be very good to deal with regards to tinkering with my cue (for nowt)

Comment

Working...
                              X