Try and buy……

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try and buy……

I’m after a new cue after 33 years with my current one.

id love to go and try before I buy…..

Ive read and reread the forum and see that Green Baize pops up as recommended often.

However, Green Baize is 5 hrs return journey for me. I wouldn’t mind making a day of it but don’t know if this is posible or normal. I’d hate to look silly.

ive looked for others sellers with a similar setup. I’ve found Chesterworth cues and craftsman cues so far.

Does anyone know if there are any try/buy setups near Lichfield or would the majority pay for a trip up to Green Baize?

just looking to treat myself after an horrific year.

thanks all.

You can make a day of it I believe as a member from this forum done something similar. Can’t remember who it was now but I’m sure you’ll get a response on here . You have to book an appointment first.

Comment

Errr that would be me!

Well worth a day trip up there, loads of cues to try at all different budgets, two nice Riley Aristocrat tables to play on! I went as part of my 40th bDay treat, we spent a long weekend on the Yorkshire coast then made the trip to Green Baize, I took the wife and we had about 5 hours there, it was great. Stu and Co are very helpful, they will leave you alone to try cues out without any hassle, which I felt took the pressure of trying to find something quickly. Needless to say I spent a small fortune but I still love my cue 18months later.

Comment

Visiting GB could save you money in the long term. I’ve spent a fortune ordering off the internet thinking that if I provided the exact specs the cue would be sure to suit me. Not so. No substitute for having the cue in your hands and hitting a few shots. Good luck.
        PS Chesworth Cues don’t have a full size table only a six foot one. Can’t really try a cue out properly. When I visited they had some lovely cues in stock and the chap was extremely helpful. I found a cue which felt really nice and was a fraction of the price I was prepared to spend. Didn’t buy it and have regretted it ever since lol.

Comment

I did a trip to Green Baize with a similar round trip journey time a year or so ago and I would definately do it again. I thought I knew what cue I wanted after looking on line but when I tried it out it didn't feel right. I tried many other cues at GB (I was there for a few hours) and so glad I did. I also had a titanium ferrule fitted whilst I was there - there are many other threads to have a "discussion" about that one ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X