Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearson cue

Need some advice please,

I’m looking at buying a new cue, the one I wanted isn’t in stock which was the Guildford medium 3/4. I’ve been offered the Chiltren 1pc heavy both peradon cues,

The question is, is there much difference in the weights? I know the medium is about 18.5oz and the heavy is like 19-21oz but do you feel the difference?

I haven’t played in about 20years any help would be appreciated

They are not trying to help you enough imo, buy a Thai cue instead, better quality and playability for around same money. Phoenix or master cue will have something in that budget but maybe even Maximus or Ton Praram are possibilities as I don't know how much the Peradon models you mention cost.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

The cue and case is £400. The cue alone was £320

Comment

Cuecrafty is right , get the cue you want and not what they want to sell you .
        A Maximus is within that budget as are other Thai brands.There are other retailers but one I have used and others on here is Greenbaize . You have the option of trying out cues at their showroom or they will post and you have an option of returning if not happy. Excellent to deal with and a big selection of cues .
        https://greenbaize.com/
        Last edited by Starsky; 6 January 2022, 08:01 AM.

Comment

There is a fair bit of difference in those weights. Up to 18.5 is fairly standard over that you notice the difference. I went down to 18.3 from 18.7 because the cue was too heavy personally for me and I was butchering long pots.

Have a look on here before you decide, for the money you are spending there are better cues. https://greenbaize.com/
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hi Shaundesigner
            ah nuts, CueCrafty has beaten me to it, but I was also going to mention Stu Green at Green Baize, they have lots of stock and are happy to have a chat ion the phone to discuss your needs and thoughts and hopefully find a cue that suits you
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Shaun I wouldn't touch Peradon with a barge pole if I had £400 to spend. I had a Peradon King and the quality was terrible, the joint broke and the ferrule was untidy from the off. I then bought a one piece cue for £160 and it's been the best investment i've ever made.
              If I were you i'd look elsewhere, Stu at Greenbaize seems a good shout from speaking with others and ADR has some nice looking cues available too.
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

My mate bought a peradon cue a couple of months ago . Think it cost him about 450.00 quid with extensions , case etc , I only hear bad press about them these days .Not sure what their quality is like .He got it from Worksop cue place .
                Last edited by mikee; 6 January 2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I play with a Peradon Pro (£190 if I recall) however, I was able to see and try it before I bought it. It happened to be and feel/play as I wanted. I haven't had any issues with it.
                  I have seen very mixed quality in these cues though so worth seeing it first. Though to be honest I would say the same for any cue. Good luck finding something
                  Last edited by trying; 6 January 2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I also play with a Peradon specced for English pool (57", 9mm, 17.5oz), but it's a custom from their Cue Wizard site. It feels and looks fantastic but I've heard their production cues are a mixed bag.

I would definitely feel a weight difference between medium and heavier cues. My snooker cue is 19.5oz and the one I used previously was about 18–18.5oz and they both feel completely different to me.

If you're looking for a great cue at that price point, go for Green Baize.
                    Dublin, Ireland • English pool (WPA)
                    PLAYING CUE (MAIN): Custom Jason Owen - #1384 (one-piece • 57" • 8.4mm • 17oz)
                    PLAYING CUE (BACKUP): Custom Peradon (one-piece • 57" • 8.7mm • 17.5oz)
                    BREAK CUE: Custom Jason Owen (one-piece • 58" • 10mm • 16oz)​

Comment

Working...
                    X