Going to reoil my cue for the first time and I have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

I worked it out with a guy once that even 0000 grit steel wool for polishing will wear a new shaft away in about 5 years if it is used to get the weekly grime off a cue.
    It has to hasn't it, watching somebody mutilate their cue is horrible, hate it!
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

It has to hasn't it, watching somebody mutilate their cue is horrible, hate it!
      We all gotta learn the hard way lol. When I was 18 I used to keep my Burwatt Champion in the car until a couple of bad frost nights ruined it. Who needs a case when you are 18.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Had my new cue since around first week of December ,considering my old cue I had used for nearly 21 years ,I’m now used to it and it feels like I’ve had it for years .Dave re finished it with the oils he puts on his own cues ,not sure what he uses but I will ask him .I’m liking the stiffer shaft and titanium ferule with the G3 tip ,my long game is defiantly better ,just wiping down with towel after use .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
          Had my new cue since around first week of December ,considering my old cue I had used for nearly 21 years ,I’m now used to it and it feels like I’ve had it for years .Dave re finished it with the oils he puts on his own cues ,not sure what he uses but I will ask him .I’m liking the stiffer shaft and titanium ferule with the G3 tip ,my long game is defiantly better ,just wiping down with towel after use .
          Glad your getting along with your new cue Mikee. It’s a great feeling when you know you’ve found something you like .
          I prefer the stiffer feel of my new cue as well. I’ve ended up sticking with the Elkmaster tip that came came with it from Greenbaize.
          Had a ton with it last time I played somebody so it will be staying on a while 😉.
          The oils on this Maximus feel different to my last Maximus from GB which is strange . I like the feel but it just feels different for some reason .

How quickly did you adjust to the titanium ferrule with the lack of throw ?
          Last edited by Starsky; 29 January 2022, 08:49 PM.

Comment

That’s good getting a ton with a new cue Starsky ,nice one .Went to Dave’s today and asked him about his cue oil ,he makes his own with various bits of oils and carbou wax

Comment

That’s good getting a ton with a new cue Starsky ,nice one .Went to Dave’s today and asked him about his cue oil ,he makes his own with various bits of oils and carbou wax
              Thanks Mikee.

A secret recipe like Col Saunders

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Thanks Mikee.

A secret recipe like Col Saunders
                I forgot the other names ,Dave did tell me ,I’ll find out on Monday as we’re having a game

Comment

I forgot the other names ,Dave did tell me ,I’ll find out on Monday as we’re having a game
                  I’m only kidding mate. If I ever try to re oil my own cue I’ll end up buying a made up oil from a supplier .
                  Maybe they sell the stuff on GB that they use to oil their Maximus cues.

Comment

Working...
                  X