Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Cue

Hi.

I am sorry for a post that is probably very common but many are very old and also out of my range (Please do not cat hiss at me lol)

I have not played in 10 years and was challenged by a friend who plays in a league. I ended up beating him and now have the scratch to get back into the game albeit very casually..

I ordered a £100 cue from amazon (Cuesoul) Comes with case / extension the lot.. Looked good for the price handmade and all that jazz.. What turned up was definitely not what I ordered and was not straight so I sent it back.. I was gutted as I am playing him again tomorrow.

I dont want to spend a fortune yet I dont want a £20 cue - I was looking at Britannia with hand splices at around £100 without case. Would these be ok for an amature player who is going to get on a table a couple of times a month if I am lucky and the wife allows? Or do I need to go more for the £175 range that ADR147 plays? Or are there any sites that sell second hand in my price range?

Any help would be really appreciated as it seems to be a mine field.. I remember the good old days where you could go to a sports shop and look at them and buy but now they just sell chavy clothes

Brittania are decent cues for the money. My oldest son has a Cannon cue, which plays well and was under £100. My younger son has a Baize Master which he plays well with, and was also under £100. Greenbaize.com used to do entry level Master Cue cues for around £100 which are very good. I don't think they do them any more, but you can probably find one somewhere within your budget.

Comment

I have this one for sale at 100 quid + postage, 57 1/2 inches long 3/4 split, ash shaft, amargo butt, black ferrule, mini butt joint fittted that can take omin extensions.

http://
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

There is no such thing as a beginners cue. There's a bloke on u tube knocking in a ton with a broom which still has the brush head fitted.
        it's akin to wearing some underpants and nothing else versus wearing a tuxedo, they both hide your goolies.

Comment

Apart from obviously bad bits of wood, I'm not sure I know what a good or bad cue is. I know what I like in a playing cue but that's about it, I haven't a clue if that's good or bad though.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

A decent cue is one made to your exact spec (including stiffness) that gives you a feedback in your hands that you not only like but learn it and grow with it to the extent that from it you learn where the white will come to rest as soon as it hits the object ball

An excellent one is the above and where the materials used are top notch.

And a true ultimate imade of pearwood is the dogs whatsits.

Comment

Working...
            X