Titanium ferrules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium ferrules

Not posted on here for a while, Hopefully you're still allowed to advertise.

Sick of the cost of the other titanium ferrules out there on the market I've had some precision machined from space grade titanium (grade 5 Ti6Al4V).
    I have them available in 9 different diameters from 8.5mm up to 9.9. I've chosen these sizes as I find they are the most commonly requested through my cue orders.
    Lightweight and thin walled, with one bevelled internal edge. I've seen some of the others available being left too sharp and eventually will stress the tenon under the ferrule.

They are £10 each posted in the UK

If you're interested either contact me on my facebook page

20220612-104031.jpg
    20220612-103157.jpg
    20220612-103236.jpg
    Last edited by RogiBear; 19 September 2023, 07:31 AM.

I've just bought a length of thick walled 10mm titanium tube from which to make my own, otherwise I'd be interested.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      I've just bought a length of thick walled 10mm titanium tube from which to make my own, otherwise I'd be interested.
      Out of interest where did you get it from? Is it grade 2 or 5?

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post

Out of interest where did you get it from? Is it grade 2 or 5?
        500mm length, grade 2 direct from china via ebay for 25 quid, a real pig to cut with a hacksaw but will be fine on the lathe spun up real fast.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Sick of the cost of the other titanium ferrules out there on the market I've had some precision machined from space grade titanium (grade 5 Ti6Al4V).
          I have them available in 9 different diameters from 8.5mm up to 9.9. I've chosen these sizes as I find they are the most commonly requested through my cue orders.
          Lightweight and thin walled, with one bevelled internal edge. I've seen some of the others available being left too sharp and eventually will stress the tenon under the ferrule.

If you're interested either contact me on my facebook page or email: adamrogocues@gmail.com

20220612-104031.jpg
          Your ferrules look great.

But what is that white bit between the tip and the ferrule?

I have only ever used classic Elk Master tips, so I'm probably not up to date with the latest developments.

Comment

Originally Posted by Achamian View Post

I have only ever used classic Elk Master tips, so I'm probably not up to date with the latest developments.
            A Kamui clear tip or a black laminated tip with a clear tip pad.

Comment

Originally Posted by Achamian View Post

As Dave said above. Its an ADR147 laminated soft with a clear tip pad. It looks white because of the white background.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

500mm length, grade 2 direct from china via ebay for 25 quid, a real pig to cut with a hacksaw but will be fine on the lathe spun up real fast.
                Ahh ok was going to say I couldn't find any grade 5 tubing. Might want to use some lubricant when on the lathe with some nice new sharp carbide tips.

Comment

As Dave said above. Its an ADR147 laminated soft with a clear tip pad. It looks white because of the white background.
                  Thanks Davebarker1978 and RogiBear. 👍

Comment

what’s the purpose of the tip pad? I know Stuart Bingham has uses a fiber pad on the bottom of his

Comment

If you're interested either contact me on my facebook page or email: adamrogocues@gmail.com

20220612-104031.jpg
                      20220612-103157.jpg
                      20220612-103236.jpg
                      Think I will contact you about a few in the next few days

For that one you've always wanted...
                      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post

Think I will contact you about a few in the next few days
                        No problem

Comment

I've just emailed you and the 9.9mm will do find for the 10mm I asked for.
                          Thinking of trying one on my cue 🤔
                          For that one you've always wanted...
                          https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
                          X