X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myths and lies

Myths, lies, and common sense

Handmade cues are best.

No such thing as a handmade cue, if there was you would have to have bloody sharp fingernails to make one.

A one piece feels better because it's a solid core of wood not glued.

there's glue under the tip, which makes no difference so it aint gonna be noticable abour 4 ft away is it?

a 3/4 plays different to a 50-50 or to a one piece.

Cues don't play people do.

A one piece however never comes undone on a crucial shot.

Such and such a cue is more powerfull than another.

Total rubbish, power comesfromyour arm not the wood.

Taom chalk stops kicks, lasts loner and doesn't mark the table or the balls.

It's the biggest proven con the games ever known
    Not in thee same league as magic chalk.

Saved the funniest till last.

John Parris makes cues

👍👏👏 good post mate, lots of sense there!

Comment

I tried Russian Magic chalk, good for pool players as you only need to chalk once, say every 5/6 shots. But no good for me in snooker as I use chalking to slow me down and focus on each shot.

Pretty much like the rest of the post though. Don't waste too much time on cue sticks, there is no "Elder Wand" 🙄
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

50 mixed shots on one chalking is commonplace, the record being 137.
        an average of 29 with max side on one chalking was achieved by Dr Dave compared to 17 with kamui and 10 at best with all others including the taom con.

Thong is if you can't ditch the bad habit of chalking every shot you merely tickle it on.

Comment

Cue crafty.. as I have said many a time...

Pick your nose scratch your arse, realign your left testical, whatever,
          BUT DONT CHALK EVERY TIME

Comment

Originally Posted by Bilston Cues View Post
            Cue crafty.. as I have said many a time...

Pick your nose scratch your arse, realign your left testical, whatever,
            BUT DONT CHALK EVERY TIME
            Lolz can't help it mate, if I could just drink 6 pints instead of 8 each time I play that might help too! 😉
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

If you up that beer intake to say 6 pints per frame you should qualify as the 2nd sportsman ever to play snooker.

The first and only one so far being Big Bill Werbenuik.

Comment

You forgot a few other important ones

Aramith balls are the best ever

'The pockets on these world championship tables are very tight'

Sidespin on the cue ball transfers to the object ball

Ronnie O'Sullivan is the greatest player of all time

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Taom chalk does massively reduce kicks and leaves the table much cleaner ,that is the proven fact ,no con there .
                  Aramith balls are ok ,not maybe any better than super crystallite , the games moved on ,we’re not playing with wooden balls and cushions stuffed with cotton [no rubber].
                  Pockets are still tighter than most club tables and there will always be a slight variation from table to table and from different events,as they’re cut by hand .In Joe Davis time there was no official template ,some pockets were massive some were the old billiard cut no big deal snookers a potting game .
                  As for O’Sullivan technically he is the best that’s been ,probably due to his 30 odd years in the game ,he’s done what Hendry did pretty much but it’s taken him over twice as long .If anything Ronnie is an under achiever with his talent and natural abilities he should have won a lot more if he could be bothered .

Comment

Eh up Mikee's on the conmens payroll.
                    Even non playing grandmas have seen pros on TV get kicks using the ****e even with both players using it so naff off with your lies.

And go see the coach Steve Barton on you tube reviewing it by putting a piece of white paper in front of the white.. There is as much chalk there as if any other brand is used.

Spose next you will be telling us it lasts longer because it magically evaporates off the table floats through the air, gets into your pocket, and sticks itself back on the block..
                    Last edited by Bilston Cues; 7 May 2023, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bilston Cues View Post
                      Eh up Mikee's on the conmens payroll.
                      Even non playing grandmas have seen pros on TV get kicks using the ****e even with both players using it so naff off with your lies.

And go see the coach Steve Barton on you tube reviewing it by putting a piece of white paper in front of the white.. There is as much chalk there as if any other brand is used.

Spose next you will be telling us it lasts longer because it magically evaporates off the table floats through the air, gets into your pocket, and sticks itself back on the block..
                      Taom chalk does leave less residue and less powder dust and is probably the best chalk around at the moment so don’t tell me to f***ing naff off just because I don’t agree with you .Call yourself a cue maker when all you do is slag everyone else off that produces cues , including John Parris ,your just jealous and a sad little man ,probably because you weren’t nipple fed as a baby and never got over it .At least your somewhat level headed ,you have a chip on both shoulders .
                      Last edited by mikee; 7 May 2023, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I’ve been playing snooker with Mikee on his table for 35 years. When we were using the old chalk, the table was covered in chalk marks when we’d finished. Since using Taom there are no chalk marks at all. Occasionally get some tiny particles breaking off the block when it’s getting worn down, which sometimes find their way on to the table, but apart from that, the difference is staggering. Yes we still get the occasional kicks but nowhere near as many as before.

Comment

Pair of muppets.
                          Last edited by Bilston Cues; 7 May 2023, 12:48 PM.

Comment

this makes me laugh so much,remember playing when you had no chalk and all you had was the darts chalk lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Mashh View Post
                              I’ve been playing snooker with Mikee on his table for 35 years. When we were using the old chalk, the table was covered in chalk marks when we’d finished. Since using Taom there are no chalk marks at all. Occasionally get some tiny particles breaking off the block when it’s getting worn down, which sometimes find their way on to the table, but apart from that, the difference is staggering. Yes we still get the occasional kicks but nowhere near as many as before.
                              How many miscues ?
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                              X