Myths and lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Bilston Cues View Post
    I bought my first piece of Taom off ADR I thought it was a con then but as someone said you can't knock it till you have tried it so after 100 frames with me using it and my son using triangle and with cleaning the white almost constantly we had 7 kicks apiece.
    my intention was if it worked to get it analysed and see about making it myself as chalk is easy to make for pennies.
    £350 the laboratory wanted to tell me what was in it which was pointless after all them kicks.
    I was slating the conmen long before I found out about magic chalk.
    It's pointless one player using it and one not, it's both or nothing. That's why it's no real advantage in clubs.
    I've not had a kick using it, had a few thick contacts but not those thunderous ones that stop the cue ball.
    ​​​​​​We have had a number ten on but we now have Hainsworth match, I don't know if any of those cloths have anti kick technology in them.
    Out the two cloths I prefer the Hainsworth and it's a couple of hundred pounds cheaper which is nice.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I will agree to an extent that Wity likes to slander people who disagrees with him but that's more an online persona than anything. I've found that when actually speaking to him, actually a very pleasant character and probably the most honest and transparent person around here.

The thing with Coutts is that it appears that the current range of handmade cues he's making all look to be made from scratch but the whole "Coutts and Cook" thing was a complete disgrace. Whether or not Coutts and Cook had the cues made up in China or not, the way everything was marketed could be construed as completely mis-leading and UK made. At the time, I was definitely of the impression that the cues were made within the UK by Coutts and Cook and you'd be getting a product with the expertise of 2 highly regarded makers. The fact they were indeed Chinese made with 2 big names on the badge just makes it look like they were out just to make a quick buck - which they probably were; I mean, why else would these 2 guys need to come together to release "Chinese" made cues.

As for Taom; ignoring kicks, I found they grip like crap, with the exception of Taom soft which was a little more pasty. But at £15 quid a block, I could get the same pastiness from Triangle Spruce chalk but this chalk is so dirty that I've been using Russian Chalk which may be slightly "less" pasty but the difference is neglagable.

TBH, I've had thunderous kicks with all three but for me, Russian Chalk comes out on top.
      Last edited by Gomaomine; 9 May 2023, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gomaomine View Post
        I will agree to an extent that Wity likes to slander people who disagrees with him but that's more an online persona than anything. I've found that when actually speaking to him, actually a very pleasant character and probably the most honest and transparent person around here.

The thing with Coutts is that it appears that the current range of handmade cues he's making all look to be made from scratch but the whole "Coutts and Cook" thing was a complete disgrace. Whether or not Coutts and Cook had the cues made up in China or not, the way everything was marketed could be construed as completely mis-leading and UK made. At the time, I was definitely of the impression that the cues were made within the UK by Coutts and Cook and you'd be getting a product with the expertise of 2 highly regarded makers. The fact they were indeed Chinese made with 2 big names on the badge just makes it look like they were out just to make a quick buck - which they probably were; I mean, why else would these 2 guys need to come together to release "Chinese" made cues.

As for Taom; ignoring kicks, I found they grip like crap, with the exception of Taom soft which was a little more pasty. But at £15 quid a block, I could get the same pastiness from Triangle Spruce chalk but this chalk is so dirty that I've been using Russian Chalk which may be slightly "less" pasty but the difference is neglagable.

TBH, I've had thunderous kicks with all three but for me, Russian Chalk comes out on top.
        How much did you get paid for that post? I'm just checking Wity isn't under paying me

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Just my opinion Starsky, I use Taom, it's great (so I'm in the muppet brigade lol) but it's ridiculously expensive. I don't think that's too controversial is it?Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I've never thought about it as taking sides, I'm too old for that playground stuff. ​​​​​​
          I was pulling your leg INE ….

Im in agreement with you about Taom , works well but bloody expensive for what it is . In fact it’s getting to a point where I’m going to start looking at other products if it goes up anymore .

Comment

I bought my first piece of Taom off ADR I thought it was a con then but as someone said you can't knock it till you have tried it so after 100 frames with me using it and my son using triangle and with cleaning the white almost constantly we had 7 kicks apiece.
            my intention was if it worked to get it analysed and see about making it myself as chalk is easy to make for pennies.
            £350 the laboratory wanted to tell me what was in it which was pointless after all them kicks.
            I was slating the conmen long before I found out about magic chalk.
            I play many good players who have switched to Taom and the effect on the reduction in kicks is obvious.

The only time I ever get kicks since using Taom is when my opponents are using Triangle which is only one regular player these days and a few in the league .
            This is where Taom doesn’t work so well but you can’t force other players to move away from Triangle even if leaves marks all over the table.
            Luckily most decent players have now moved across to Taom so it’s very rare to get kicks .
            It’s too expensive though and I will be looking at alternatives if the price point goes up any further .

Comment

I know Starsky, I hope my posts came across a bit tounge in cheek as that's the way I meant them. It's good to have different opinions and I would never claim mine are right and anyone else's are wrong but they are my honest opinions.

Comment

I don't listen to opinion I prefer facts.

Taom does not eliminate kicks as they claim
                Taom does not last longer as they claim.
                Taom leaves as much chalk dust on the table as any.
                Taom grips like water on a ducks back

Comment

Getting a bit like being stuck in a revolving door, or listening to a scratched record here isn't it.... This Dragons out.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

at least MB showed us his 12 foot screwback

Comment

Originally Posted by gg29 View Post
                      at least MB showed us his 12 foot screwback
                      24 foot screw back, he didn't mess about with piddly distances like 12feet

Comment

I don't listen to opinion I prefer facts.

Taom does not eliminate kicks as they claim
                        Taom does not last longer as they claim.
                        Taom leaves as much chalk dust on the table as any.
                        Taom grips like water on a ducks back
                        Tbh Bilston I’m not sure why you’re on here then. Especially as you only seem to want to listen your own opinion or facts as you like to call it .

A forum is probably not the best place for you unless you just like to wind people up …😉

Comment

lets see the facts, thats all

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Tbh Bilston I’m not sure why you’re on here then. Especially as you only seem to want to listen your own opinion or facts as you like to call it .

A forum is probably not the best place for you unless you just like to wind people up …😉

I like the challenge of trying to educate muppets.
                            What's wrong with that?

Comment

Opinions are like arseholes …..everyone’s got one !

I like a Forum for this type of debating and implanting knowledge, but what I won’t take is abusing people from behind a keyboard.

So , moving forward , can I ask that we refrain from name calling . As it’s supposed to be a friendly forum and I don’t want to start banning people .

For my two pence worth ……it seemed to me that there weren’t really many noticeable kicks at The Worlds and rarely did a player ask for the cue ball to be cleaned .

I use Taom , and albeit I’m far from a good player . But I have no issues with grip .

What I will say is that the 2nd version of Taom was shocking ….never had so many marks on the table .
                              But the 3rd version is vastly superior and doesn’t leave a great deal of marks .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

You may as well ban me here and now Neil as I ain't gonna be told how to speak by any goon

Comment

Working...
                                X