No announcement yet.

Myths and lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve found it all quite amusing tbh …anyway I was bored at work .

A ditty for Wity ..( to the tune of the 80’s classic , Oh Mickey , what a pity 😉)

Oh Wity, what a pity you don’t understand
    Calling everybody a muppet will surely get you banned

It’s guys like you Bity
    It’s what you do Bity,
    Don’t break my Parris cue Bity …

Comment

Jeeze and they wonder why the TSF has gone to the dogs.

Comment

Don’t worry I’m not intending on releasing it

Comment

Starsky, that's the best news I've heard in a while
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Starsky, that's the best news I've heard in a while
            I might stick to playing snooker 🤣

Comment

Originally Posted by Bilston Cues View Post
              You may as well ban me here and now Neil as I ain't gonna be told how to speak by any goon
              That’s a shame then ….no need for you attitude .

I’ve not said anything to warrant your post
              Last edited by Neil Taperell; 9 May 2023, 09:23 PM.
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Unfortunately , I’ve decided to ban him .

Just because he thinks he’s the oracle on all things snooker , and no one else is entitled to an opinion . It doesn’t give him the right to be rude to people .

I like banter , but I can see members not wanting to post for fear of abuse from him .

I was polite in my post , and he doesn’t know me at all ....... so I don’t need to be called a Goon .

Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I think the problem is this place is as dead as a dodo, if it was more bustling then people with opinions wouldn't come across as badly or wouldn't stick out at all.
                  Maybe there should be some software added that you can't park here for hours without posting, just to liven things up a bit i don't know.
                  As it is i don't know what purpose this forum stands for, it seems kind of unfit for purpose so what am i doing here? again i don't know.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                    As it is i don't know what purpose this forum stands for, it seems kind of unfit for purpose so what am i doing here? again i don't know.
                    LOL I feel your anguish trains. Such is life.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                      I think the problem is this place is as dead as a dodo, if it was more bustling then people with opinions wouldn't come across as badly or wouldn't stick out at all.
                      Maybe there should be some software added that you can't park here for hours without posting, just to liven things up a bit i don't know.
                      You are absolutely right, the problem is forums dedicated to one specific thing are going to struggle now when other sites such as Reddit exist. It's far easier to make one account and find any subject you want to discuss or be a part of than to make multiple accounts, to individual sites, get through the probation system of having to post X amount of times to get privileges to post pics and other stuff.

I also think many of the original people who sort of helped popularise this have covered every aspect, be it cues, equipment, tips, as well as lots of discussion on coaching. What was happening was new members joined and this became a fairly unwelcoming place. Anyone asking questions that had been asked many times were being bluntly told use the search function.

On top of that we've had a few idiots who have overstepped the mark, made libelous claims, and generally poor tone and respect. Ive met quite a few people in snooker like that, maybe there is something about people who play snooker that makes them bitter or arrogant, but that's another debate.

In short I lost interest in the site a while back, I felt it was going downhill and only pop in sporadically, more out of curiosity and because I've contributed a lot in pretty much 20 years of posting. I don't even play anymore,.I think the game itself is on its last legs in the UK anyway, for all they talk about increased viewing figures, the amateur game which is important for snooker to exist is dying. People are deluded if they think snooker has a bright future in the UK. I think by the end of the decade there will be barely anyone playing.

Comment

Personally I think it’s a shame Bilston ended up getting banned as I think he had some interesting opinions but at the same time you can’t be abusive which is what he was .
                        The lack of activity on the forum is a reflection of the lack of people playing especially in the UK. It’s also to do with the various social media outlets people have these days .
                        I’ve met some good people on here who I’ve had the pleasure to meet up with for games and to watch pro tournaments with .
                        Not sure what the answer is to increasing traffic on here as the popularity of snooker is decreasing especially in the younger generation although they probably wouldn’t use a forum anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bilston Cues View Post
                          You may as well ban me here and now Neil as I ain't gonna be told how to speak by any goon
                          Farewell Wity, shame you couldn’t have reigned it in a little as it was a good craic for a while there. 22362595-29D7-43B0-99A9-1961082E8110.jpeg
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                            Personally I think it’s a shame Bilston ended up getting banned as I think he had some interesting opinions but at the same time you can’t be abusive which is what he was .
                            The lack of activity on the forum is a reflection of the lack of people playing especially in the UK. It’s also to do with the various social media outlets people have these days .
                            I’ve met some good people on here who I’ve had the pleasure to meet up with for games and to watch pro tournaments with .
                            Not sure what the answer is to increasing traffic on here as the popularity of snooker is decreasing especially in the younger generation although they probably wouldn’t use a forum anyway.
                            hosting community events, or outreach, in the world of all this social media nonsense is the way forward I guess... Shanghai has a reasonably active 8ball, Chinese 8ball, 9ball, 10ball, snooker groups usually per district on a variety of APPS (WeChat like WhatsApp to Xiaohongshu more IG type vibes) - It seems in the past, the community was either stronger, or driven by people with motive/drive

Venues are also, in large part, propping up/driving local events. Both independently as venues, and together competitively. This helps drive a sense of welcoming or community. Real life needs to be embraced.

Being from Cornwall, I can't say I have ever partaken in, or seen, junior or league snooker organised efficiently (not through lack of trying).

I am a little sad that Wity is blocked, as he had a lot of points worth discussing (shouting and discussing look different, I can attest to that), but he literally asked for it in the face of a polite reminder. Could say exactly the same things, conveying the same tone, without the abuse (but naturally, entitled to be abusive, if comfortable with the outcome lol)

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              ...the amateur game which is important for snooker to exist is dying.
                              We have been hearing this for some yars now - I recall comments since the nuoghies ) but then I see the increasing numbers of players (mostly from UK) on sites like snookerscores.net and the EPSA amd the EASB - e.g. the recent English Under-14 had 99 players, 56 players travelled to New Zealand; the recent English Amateur had 138 players, number not seen since the 80/90s.
                              Not just UK, but in genral across Europe, Asia, but also Americas I am seeing increasing numbers and more events every years. Slowly but it is there.
                              But I do conside one point, as I said to a friend only the other week, "if all the clubs are closing down (in the UK) where the **** are all these players playing?"
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Farewell Wity, shame you couldn’t have reigned it in a little as it was a good craic for a while there. 22362595-29D7-43B0-99A9-1961082E8110.jpeg
                                Certainly I have seen this many times over the years, even more so since "social media" gave every one an avenue to "be loud so much"
                                Last edited by DeanH; 10 May 2023, 07:54 AM.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X