Myths and lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    No idea ,Dave was using it this week ,it seems company’s always call something pro to sell more stuff ,I phone pro for example ,is there such a thing ad a professional cell phone user ? .I’ve even seem a BBQ model called a pro ,really is there such a thing as a professional BBQ user ffs .Bit ironic calling triangle chalk pro considering none of them use it .
    Like the Elk pro tips too, nothing special about them, they just cost 3x the ££!
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Hello, welcome to TSF - I'm not sure VMAX meant to reply to you with his post so don't worry, I think your hello could easily be lost in this thread and probably worth cut n pasting it into the new members section which is under the forums headers, "newbies & introductions. Cheers.
      Cheers Cue crafty, I could have left the new member bit as I was expressing my opinion on the subject of the game dying. Maybe I'll do a new post in the other section

Comment

• Agree with atmospheric conditions affecting kicks. Taom Pyro I found left marks on the cue ball as did triangle green but the worst I used was the triangle spruce, jeez that was a dirty chalk. V10 seems to have solved a lot of problems.
        When you could get super crystalates, good clean sets, for next to nothing off ebay I bought about five sets from across the age range of them to test, they are great balls, a harsh click off the hit but played great, still got kicks off them all, the best set I got were in the black box which were actually made by Saluc (Aramith) so were probably only SC in name but they still had that click to the hit. If anyone is on a budget I would highly recommend buying a good set of these than Aramith Premier or some such.
        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 12 May 2023, 12:47 PM.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Aramith we’re still,producing or selling the original supers for a time after they took over, so if yours are hitting with that higher tone click sound they will be super crystalite for sure .

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Do you clean your balls regularly Vmax? We have a ball cleaner and there is definitely a difference in contact between super clean balls and dirty ones you may use in the club.
            I clean my SC's once a month, the clubs balls I don't know but right after the covid lockdown when the club re-opened they cleaned the clubs balls after every use to try to stop any infection, bloody things were no different. The main culprit is the 3/4 angle pot, that's the one that's more prone for a thicker contact and I've noticed this in the pro game as well and players after missing such a relatively easy pot are often puzzled as to why.
            Check out your own game, how many 3/4 angled pots do you miss thick, blacks off the spot when high miss near jaw, when low miss far jaw, happens a lot.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
              Aramith we’re still,producing or selling the original supers for a time after they took over, so if yours are hitting with that higher tone click sound they will be super crystalite for sure .
              I bought a set of aramith black box SC's and they weren't the same, sold them on the forum. Our snooker league also bought a set for use in their league finals, they weren't the same either, softer click than the originals.
              Our club has three old sets of SC's somewhere, I've asked but they can't be found
              I've noticed in old video that original SC's have a lighter coloured blue (like mine) while the aramiths have a darker coloured blue, could be generic could mean nothing but could tell us exactly when the aramiths were first introduced into the pro game.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• You’re right Vmax the blue is a different colour ,all was good when Aramith took over and I belive the new balls were gradually trickled into the game with no announcement when they started producing the balls themselves .Super crystalite and tc balls weigh the same ,the worst thing Aramith did was bring in those crap 128 lighter balls ,it’s a nightmare if they get mixed in with a proper full weight set of tc balls

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

I clean my SC's once a month, the clubs balls I don't know but right after the covid lockdown when the club re-opened they cleaned the clubs balls after every use to try to stop any infection, bloody things were no different. The main culprit is the 3/4 angle pot, that's the one that's more prone for a thicker contact and I've noticed this in the pro game as well and players after missing such a relatively easy pot are often puzzled as to why.
                  Check out your own game, how many 3/4 angled pots do you miss thick, blacks off the spot when high miss near jaw, when low miss far jaw, happens a lot.
                  Just to get things clear in my mind before I check this.
                  It's only random pots on the three quarter ball angle that come off thick, not them all?
                  So if I play ten or twenty, and to the best of my ability set up the same angle and hit the same place, some should miss thick,for no apparent reason, Is this at pocket weight, rolling in, stunning it or does it not matter?
                  I will check that out.
                  Just thought I will take a couple of SC balls and try them as well, see what the difference is.
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 12 May 2023, 07:03 PM.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by akofb View Post

Cheers Cue crafty, I could have left the new member bit as I was expressing my opinion on the subject of the game dying. Maybe I'll do a new post in the other section
                    What Taom are you using BTW? V10? Thanks
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

What Taom are you using BTW? V10? Thanks
                      Yeah V10, it’s the first one I’ve tried. I might try a new tip and start again. This tip has triangle on it first. I’ve only ever used standard elkmaster tips.

Comment

Yeah V10, it’s the first one I’ve tried. I might try a new tip and start again. This tip has triangle on it first. I’ve only ever used standard elkmaster tips.
                        Yep, that can be an issue, Taom doesn't sit well on old chalk and you need to remove all existing chalk before applying it. There has been a fair bit of talk about certain tip and chalk combinations working better than others but probably too many to list so trial and error is the only way to find one that works best for you.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yep, that can be an issue, Taom doesn't sit well on old chalk and you need to remove all existing chalk before applying it. There has been a fair bit of talk about certain tip and chalk combinations working better than others but probably too many to list so trial and error is the only way to find one that works best for you.
                          I’ve had 3 new tips these past 12 months. This’ll be my fourth 🤣🤣. I know I won’t be getting a Taom magnetic chalk holder. Can’t believe how flimsy they are. Very cheap looking.

Comment

I’ve had 3 new tips these past 12 months. This’ll be my fourth 🤣🤣. I know I won’t be getting a Taom magnetic chalk holder. Can’t believe how flimsy they are. Very cheap looking.
                            Lol yep, they look crap. Once you settle on a tip its nice to just go and play and forget about them.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I was pulling your leg INE ….

Im in agreement with you about Taom , works well but bloody expensive for what it is . In fact it’s getting to a point where I’m going to start looking at other products if it goes up anymore .
                              I stumbled across this vid on a search, quite a good test really and puts up a few possible cheaper alternatives. The Longoni chalk is available on eBay and even with the steep delivery charge still comes out about £4 a block. Food for thought anyway! 😉

Last edited by Cue crafty; 14 May 2023, 08:46 PM.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I stumbled across this vid on a search, quite a good test really and puts up a few possible cheaper alternatives. The Longoni chalk is available on eBay and even with the steep delivery charge still comes out about £4 a block. Food for thought anyway! 😉

Thanks CC, I’ll take a look .

I can only see the price of Taom going up especially while most of the pro’s use it .

Comment

Working...
                                X